Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ramnode 1014 kvm vs 2048 openvz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ramnode 1014 kvm vs 2048 openvz

HI

I host a nginx + php5-fpm + mariadb for a couple of sites/forum.

For the same price, what would you choose and why?

Thanks

Comments

• Go with the openvz if you don't need any extra features from KVM, RamNode is great on both KVM and OpenVZ anyway!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Basically what he said ^, I would only get KVM if you need the stuff that comes with it otherwise OVZ is great for just about everything.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • 2GB OpenVZ if you're just running a web server, bigger the cache the better.

• I manage 15 wordpress site 1024 KVM on vultr. First i used 2core than now use 1core

different feel for speed.

ramnode support nice cpu core?

• @karistuck said:
    I manage 15 wordpress site 1024 KVM on vultr. First i used 2core than now use 1core

different feel for speed.

ramnode support nice cpu core?

RN caps out cpu usage at 0.9 cores per VM

• CPU intensive -> linode or vultr or DO

• I would always choose KVM over OVZ, as I wouldn't trust anyone. Also the 1GB more ram isn't worth it, you'd probably hit CPU limits before you hit ram limits and with nginx, php-fpm and mariadb you don't need a lot of ram anyways.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Void_Whisperer said:
    RN caps out cpu usage at 0.9 cores per VM

To be clear, we don't cap usage. We ask clients to maintain a usage at that level consistently, but we allow spiking for an hour or more depending on the situation. There is no hard limit set on any VPS.

Thanked by 1Lee