Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

ovh -> aws transfers breaking
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ovh -> aws transfers breaking

Plenty of OVH users around here, so thought I'd see if anyone's had a similar problem.

I'm trying to push many (~2000) files of roughly 100MB to S3 from a OVH (SoYouStart) server. I'm getting a lot of 'connection reset by peer' errors from S3, which is causing everything to run very slowly.

I tried last night, and gave up - this morning its exactly the same. Its an EU bucket 11 hops / 14ms away so I'd expect to at least be able to keep a connection open for 100MB, even if its not super-fast.

I've done this many times from all sorts of servers and never found it to be quite such a struggle. Anyone had a similar experience? Is it likely that Amazon are shunning traffic from OVH because of the reputation of their IP space?

Comments

• Provide aws withy traceroute's and they will solve it hopefully, aws traffic has never been the best for me...