Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Proxy Location Set Up?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Proxy Location Set Up?

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

So right now I have a couple of application servers, and have been messing around with HAProxy and different locations respond.

Currently the set up is this.

VM1 (Atlanta)
PHP Application (Apache)
POSTGRES Server

VM2(Same Atlanta Location)
HA Proxy for POSTGRES and Apache

VM3 (Same Atlanta Location)
POSTGRES Slave

VM4 (Montreal)
PHP Application (APACHE)

VM5 (Montreal)
POSTGRES Slave

So everything works, however I find when I get directed to the Montreal server instead of taking 100ms for a response It's like 6 seconds.

Dunno what I'm doing wrong....? Is it better to have your proxy in a central location to both servers and then the speeds would be about the same?

Comments

• I personally have HaProxy in a central location (along with Varnish). All my servers (14'ish) are in North America (some in Canada, most on the costs), hence I have the HaProxy server in Texas.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Are there any VPS providers in texas that would spare me a VPS for like a day to do some testing?

• Would say get in touch with @drserver to see if you can pay hourly/daily for one to test one out.

Thanked by 1drserver
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

agoldenberg said: Are there any VPS providers in texas that would spare me a VPS for like a day to do some testing?

PM Me No problem for this