Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low end box for image hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low end box for image hosting

I have an image hosting service for internal use only, nothing nasty, all legal, currently using about 270GB of space - I currently run this on a dedicated server which is a waste of money.

I'm looking for a low end box with about 500GB of storage space located in Europe. I stumbled across VPSDime but they're all out of stock.

Can anyone recommend any alternatives?

Comments

• Budget?

• $150/yr

• Vpsdime will restock the storage plan in about 10 days.. u should definitely wait since it's worth it..
    @serverian

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • rokokrokok Member
    edited September 2014

im also looking at that spec >500gb storage for image :D

closest offer on EU is https://www.swiftwaycloud.com/?type=StorageCloud but not sure for production site :/

correct me if im wrong, but vpsdime only US location?

btw you need to add required bandwidth

• wtck69wtck69 Member
    edited September 2014

rokok said: btw you need to add required bandwidth

Oh yeah. According to vnstat I averagely use 1.5TB of bandwidth every month. :)

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2014

maybe @Maounique can offer you something from their xenpower range?

edit: corrected mistyped name ;-)

• wtck69wtck69 Member
    edited September 2014

@Falzo said:
    maybe Maonique can offer you something from their xenpower range?

Whoops!
    User not found.

• Get a Kimsufi/Online box or wait for VPSDime to restock, and it's @maounique

• sorry for mistyping/thanks for correcting ;-)

• Kimsufi

• You should definitely look into a dedicated server for your purposes.

• @wtck69:
    Prometeus' Xenpower storage XP-XL seems to have stock again. 400gb at $119 annual with generous 4TB bandwidth.
    It comes with 2 shared cores and 2GB of dedicated ram.

If you can up your budget for future proofing, the XP-XXL has 800gb for $199 annual.(4C/4gb ram)

I have Excellent uptime on my xenpower storage boxes.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2014

VPSDime is your best bet, Kimsufi and Online.net don't provide RAIDed storage.

• Hello,

May i advice you our box ? You can ask for wathever storage capacity you want but with the budget you told you will get 300 gb.
    The service is multiple protocoles so it is not just for store files you can share with secure acces (or not) or do backups (synchronisation mecanics) and much more
    You can learn more at
    http://www.ikeepincloud.com/en

Thanks for reading !

• I still haven't found one :( VPSDime storage plans seem currently only available in Dallas.

• Backupsy UK/ Netherlands but may not be much cheaper than a dedicated.

Why not get two cheap KS boxes?

• @wych said:
    Backupsy UK/ Netherlands but may not be much cheaper than a dedicated.

Why not get two cheap KS boxes?

I'd really like to have a backup in case of a disk failure, and I suppose VPSDime, Backupsy & co actually have mirrored disks? - Funny enough the dedi I currently have had only 1 hard disk and the disk died this night so everything is gone. :(

• @wtck69 said:
    I'd really like to have a backup in case of a disk failure, and I suppose VPSDime, Backupsy & co actually have mirrored disks? - Funny enough the dedi I currently have had only 1 hard disk and the disk died this night so everything is gone. :(

Backupsy and VPSDime do use raid, thats why I suggested two KS. One to use and another to rsync for a backup.

• seams you may need to try jaguarnode as they offer a trial on they vps servers

• @Kickit said:
    seams you may need to try jaguarnode as they offer a trial on they vps servers

You just don't give up, do you?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2014

@wtck69 said:

RAID=/=backup. If you need backup it must be external and possibly with another provider.
    XenPower L range does have stock from time to time and should be good for the purpose, even if does not have much cpu power, will still do better than an atom KS and has raid and enterprise sata too.

• @Kickit, you need to contribute more to the community than only 1-line marketing responses for jaguarnode!

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Offtopic: Jaguarnode = SonWebHost