Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We Love Servers Double up offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We Love Servers Double up offer

Anyone have a vps with we love servers. Got email today offering double up on vps anyone taken them up on this?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

As in IOflood? nope.

• What is IOflood?

• uh double the meh >_<

http://www.ioflood.com/ they have been using it as their tag line for about 5 - 10 years.

• zafouharzafouhar Veteran
    edited September 2014

Maybe the OP actually means weloveservers.net? I mean IOFlood don't even offer VPS's from what i can see so it doesn't look that this thread is related to IOFlood.

@zafouhar said:
    Maybe the OP actually means weloveservers.net? I mean IOFlood don't even offer VPS's from what i can see so it doesn't look that this thread is related to IOFlood.

Ah yes I forgot about them, this thread says nothing about VPS either though :)

• @n1kko I didn't get one.

• AnthonySmith said: Ah yes I forgot about them, this thread says nothing about VPS either though :)

What? :) I read...

n1kko said: Anyone have a vps with we love servers.

@sleddog god damn it...... ignore me as a rule :)

• Could you post more details about this offer?

• SilvengaSilvenga Member
    edited September 2014

amhoab said: Could you post more details about this offer?

The email that I got. Removed the tracking links and images from Mandrillapp.

We Love Servers

We hope that you are enjoying your VPS with us! We are currently running a promotion to allow you to add more resources and power to your server. Until the end of September, we are offering you the option to double up your current VPS.

Basically, for double the price, we will double your disk space, RAM, vSwap, bandwidth, and CPU cores. That's a 8 CPU Cores, 60GB disk, 2GB RAM + 2.4GB vSwap, 2TB Monthly Bandwidth VPS for only an extra $19/year (Pro Rata!)

To get with the upgrade, log into the Core Client Area, and go to: https://core.weloveservers.net/clientarea.php?action=products and select the down arrow on the VPS service you wish to upgrade, and click on "Upgrade/Downgrade." From there on, you can complete the upgrade process, and it will be instantly upgraded.

Want to order a new VPS? No problem, we are also extending these offers for new orders for a limited time.

512MB Special:

2 vCPU Cores
    20 GB Disk Space Storage (Hardware RAID10)
    750 GB Monthly Bandwidth (100Mbps)
    512 MB Guaranteed RAM + 768 MB vSwap
    1 IP Address
    SolusVM/OpenVZ
    Instant Setup!

$12/year
    Order Link: https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=190

Special Offer

4 vCPU Cores
    30 GB Disk Space Storage (Hardware RAID10
    1 TB Monthly Bandwidth (100Mbps)
    1GB Guaranteed RAM + 1.2 GB vSwap
    1 IPv4 Address
    SolusVM/OpenVZ
    Instant Setup!

$19/Year
    Order Link: https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=64

Double UP!

8 vCPU Cores
    60 GB Disk Space Storage (Hardware RAID10)
    2TB Monthly Bandwidth (100Mbps)
    2GB Guaranteed RAM + 2.4GB vSwap
    1 IPv4 Address
    SolusVM/OpenVZ
    Instant Setup!

$38/Year
    Order Link: https://core.weloveservers.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=84

We appreciate your business and look forward to meeting your hosting needs for many years to come. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us via a support ticket.

Regards

We Love Servers
    Where quality meets affordability

EDIT: Added the HTML version.

• Same email as I got from them

• Anyone can confirm their service?is it better now?since there is no new complaint threads

• My $8/year 256MB with them

CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5620  @ 2.40GHz
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2394.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 256 MB
    Total amount of swap : 128 MB
    System uptime :   6 days, 14:44,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 9.69MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.11MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 10.3MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.47MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.27MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 5.73MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.91MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 7.82MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 10.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 6.64MB/s
    I/O speed :  18.1 MB/s
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 50.6577 s, 21.2 MB/s
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 25.9347 s, 41.4 MB/s
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 16.5676 s, 64.8 MB/s
    1024+0 records in
    1024+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 42.1507 s, 25.5 MB/s

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited September 2014

correct me if I am wrong here...

when the io capability is low, then your cpu must work longer to read or write (slower reads and writes) from that disk, mustn't it? and in situations where the sql database is involved it leads to high loads and extended period to execute doesn't it?

And your (WLS) io seems too low on all of the above tests

• I've got one of these double-up plans. I use it exclusively for RDP, and for that purpose it's fine; network speeds are generally solid and availability is very high, server uptime is excellent (100+ days now). I do use it sporadically though (as in 1-2 hours at a tie, 2-3 times per day), so how it would handle a heavily used service 24/7 I couldn't say.

• @ez2uk

Theoretically speaking, yes. However in real word scenario; I migrate wife's wordpress website with 2000+ unique visitors daily from 512MB vultr node, and haven't notice any drop in visitors or pageviews/visitor.

Their server are not a performer, however their service are reliable and as @Nekki put it, solid enough.

So considering their price, I would say they provide good value for money.

• It seems that it wants to "quadruple up" my 256MB special plan for $9.70. I don't quite get how the pricing works.

• @faizi thanks

• @Nekki said:
    I've got one of these double-up plans. I use it exclusively for RDP, and for that purpose it's fine; network speeds are generally solid and availability is very high, server uptime is excellent (100+ days now). I do use it sporadically though (as in 1-2 hours at a tie, 2-3 times per day), so how it would handle a heavily used service 24/7 I couldn't say.

Windows RDP? Isnt' the VPS OpenVZ?

• @Falco33 said:
    Windows RDP? Isnt' the VPS OpenVZ?

Sorry, I work on windows servers all day so I overuse that term. I use the WLS box for Remote Desktop via NX.

• @Nekki said:
    Sorry, I work on windows servers all day so I overuse that term. I use the WLS box for Remote Desktop via NX.

Haha, if WLS offered KVM at this price it would be awesome. :D

• Got the same email, but sadly I doubt it'll double up the IO speed if I take the offer :P so right now I will not be doubling up.

As others have said, despite the poor IO performance the service is very reliable - barely any downtime whatsoever (99.998 % so far)

• I can't complain - $1.60/m for 1GB. I keep 90% of the data in RAM anyway. 99% uptime every month. The longest downtime was during the earthquake in western USA (even VPSDime and RAMNode had network issues).

Thanked by 1KeyJey