Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud.net - Try a Softlayer or Webair VM's for $0.50 /mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud.net - Try a Softlayer or Webair VM's for $0.50 /mo

NullMindNullMind Member
edited September 2014 in Offers

Hello LET Members!

Ever wanted to deploy a VM in one of the world's best datacenter ? we have on our marketplace presence at Softlayer in Dallas and London and Webair in NY, some of the best infrastructure you can find, the regular price starts at $5/month ($0.0074/h), amazing value for this type of provider, and with the coupon code below you can try it for a month for just $0.50 !

LOWENDTALK90 - 90% Discount for 1 month

Cloud.net is a new marketplace of Clouds and VPS servers, currently with 12 locations and more being aded constantly.

Why use Cloud.net ?

You get no single provider lock-in or penalty to change providers, a unified invoice, full transparency on how each cloud performs with our Cloud Index Score, price comparison, ability to deploy to many different regions and providers and manage it all from a single interface.

Alternative we have two other coupons for you, should you wish to keep your VM for longer and benefit from a larger long term discount:

LOWENDTALK50 - 50% Discount for 3 months

LOWENDTALK30 - 30% Discount for 6 months

Coupons are set for your entire account, so any additional servers you add during the period you choose will automatically receive the same discount!

Please visit https://www.cloud.net - Coupons are redeemable on the last step of the order process, please sign up for an account on the website or directly on the Control Panel at https://jager.cloud.net/users/sign_up

Thanks!

Comments

• Need a mathematics education for operation with your stuff :D

• @fitvpn said:
    Need a mathematics education for operation with your stuff :D

Agree, we are going to make the cloud butler easier to operate :) .. sometimes too much information can be overwhelming, we intend to streamline it.

• @amarc said:
    This is great.. But there should realy be more packages in London. I can see only $5 and $50.. nothing betwen.

Additional packages for the VPS plans are coming in the next few days :)

• hmm no windows?

• @amarc said:
    NullMind great.. buying per resource would be better. For example I am OK with 512M RAM but need about 30GB of disk.

"benchmark" for curious

lhr ~ # wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6) Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 2099.998 MHz Total amount of ram : 488 MB Total amount of swap : 1023 MB System uptime : 9 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 77.4MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 9.25MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 13.0MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 6.06MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 55.9MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 16.7MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 4.73MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 11.5MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 10.2MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 20.0MB/s I/O speed : 657 MB/s

good network and impressive IO at a very good rate. being hosted with Softlayer? that is priceless. lol. :)

btw, @NullMind - these are great plans. as others said, some extra plans between 0.5 and 5 would be really good. looking forward for those.

• @amarc said:
    Also NullMind how can one reload server OS without destroying/creating new server (which will probably take another $x.xx for new server) ?

Sorry, that feature is not done yet (will be soon), but you won't be charge any extra money for destroying / recreating a server, because we function on a billing cycle based on your signup date, so this is what happens:

You destroy a server and the hour you had it costs $0.02, you get a credit note for amount you spent minus 0.02, there is also one hour less in your billing cycle until the next cycle date, so the next server will cost 0.02 less, so the next invoice will cost exactly the same as your credit note, so no charge.

• @Ruriko said:
    hmm no windows?

Not yet, we are working on support for the licensing for windows servers in the wide federation & marketplace, it's currently "done" but under QA

• No paypal payment?

• @compix Which location benchmarking? @add_iT - Developers only! :)

• @add_iT said:
    No paypal payment?

Sorry not yet, we expect PayPal integration to be complete during October

• To be honest, you guys shouldn't be promoting this like a product that's ready for the market. No PayPal, no OS reloads, no backups, no Windows, etc.

I understand you're excited about your own product, but you really shouldn't rush it. It even says "beta" in the dash. If it's a beta and you want people to help you test and give feedback, then state so and perhaps not charge. I was excited for your product and the mission you're trying to accomplish, but was really disappointed at what I saw when I signed up—really a half-baked product. Probably more 1/3 baked.

• @Hsunami said:
    To be honest, you guys shouldn't be promoting this like a product that's ready for the market. No PayPal, no OS reloads, no backups, no Windows, etc.

I understand you're excited about your own product, but you really shouldn't rush it. It even says "beta" in the dash. If it's a beta and you want people to help you test and give feedback, then state so and perhaps not charge. I was excited for your product and the mission you're trying to accomplish, but was really disappointed at what I saw when I signed up—really a half-baked product. Probably more 1/3 baked.

Hi

We actually did ran a free beta for a while, while the cloud.net CP and federation API is still in development, the actual infrastructure is not beta, these are all in clouds that are running OnApp for a while, so once the VM is deployed, it is rock solid and production ready, we are of course still in the process of adding additional functionality from the clouds into the federation/marketplace.

We still call it Beta on the CP to highlight some features have not yet been ported from OnApp, but the resulting VM can be trusted to perform.

But yes, some more bits are in development in the federation/marketplace layer.

• Sounds good. Most people probably wouldn't associate the infrastructure as separate from the marketplace layer and will instead view the product as a whole, along with its implications, i.e. if the dash looks unpolished, so is the infrastructure.

Anyways, sorry if I came off too negative. I think what you guys are doing is great and I'll definitely check back in the future to see cloud.net's progress.

• Not at all, your feedback is very welcome, it helps us understand more and more on what features to prioritise the support for, keep it coming.

• @NullMind said:
    we expect PayPal integration to be complete during October

Roughly mid/end October? Will you make a post here?

• @sumo said:
    Roughly mid/end October? Will you make a post here?

I can tell you the work on it has already started :), it's more than just paypal, it's a PAYG deposit system, it will be extremely cool and very useful for people who need to fire up instances for just a few days, as you will be able to manage how you fund your instances in a very granular way.

Feel free to poke me on [email protected] if you want more details.

Yes, I will post it here :)

• @NullMind

Thank you. I'm assuming the PAYG will accept other forms of payment as well

• @sumo said:
    NullMind

Thank you. I'm assuming the PAYG will accept other forms of payment as well

For now it will accept CC and PayPal, later we will add others, including Bitcon ;)

• Site not loading here :(

• @linuxthefish said:
    Site not loading here :(

Thats very strange, what one is not loading for you, cloud.net or jager.cloud.net (CP) ? can you do a traceroute ?

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

just wanted to highlight that the coupons work for all the purchases made during the discount period. So, if you use the 90% discount coupon it's valid for every server you buy in the first month, not only the initial server you deploy.
    Same goes for the 3 and 6 months coupons!

:)

D

• @NullMind said:
    Thats very strange, what one is not loading for you, cloud.net or jager.cloud.net (CP) ? can you do a traceroute ?

Sorry it's working now, was blocked by my web filter!

• NullMindNullMind Member
    edited September 2014

@linuxthefish said:
    Sorry it's working now, was blocked by my web filter!

Excellent, let me know if you have any questions :)

• @amarc said:
    This is great.. But there should realy be more packages in London. I can see only $5 and $50.. nothing between.

FYI, there is now a $25 package in VPS

Thanked by 1ditlev
  • im sign up but 502 bad gateway

• @altens said:
    im sign up but 502 bad gateway

Yes, over the weekend we had an issue on the site, it was quickly fixed, sorry for the inconvenience