Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bitdefender 2015 Back 2 School offer $29.95/3PC/Year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• This is 29.95 for one year? They can kiss my a...

• @rds100 said:
    This is 29.95 for one year? They can kiss my a...

For 3PC

• that's cheap for 3 PC :D

• @tommy said:
    that's cheap for 3 PC :D

They had better offers last year I got it for less than $15 :D

• Never used them is it any good?Anyone using it?

• RamiRami Member
    edited September 2014

@instatech said:
    Never used them is it any good?Anyone using it?

It is one of the best antivirus

I used it on my PC ,Laptop and mobile(for mobile you'll have to buy adiffrent license)

Thanked by 1instatech
  • who would use this crap? even Norton is better.

• Just use avast or nothing at all...

• my 2 cent : linux > nod32 (eset) > windows + firewall + not clicking unknow links > some sort of other av

• If you want free, you can get 6 months free here

bitdefender 6 months license free

• @smile93 said:
    If you want free, you can get 6 months free here

bitdefender 6 months license free

and you can extend again by getting another 6 month trial license. No need to reinstall too.

• Ugh, BitDefender is too aggressive for my tastes. It's practically designed for those non-tech savvy users. ESET is where it's at - its engine is written in assembly for speed and efficiency - and has achieved the lowest false positive rates among its peers.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • What's wrong with Microsoft Security Essentials?

• Omg Norton just freezes your computer every time you want to go on a new website. its annoying but norton is good.

• hostnoob said: What's wrong with Microsoft Security Essentials?

apart from it being completely useless...

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited September 2014

Shivam said: Omg Norton just freezes your computer every time you want to go on a new website. its annoying but norton is good.

to be totally honest, i am using Norton 360 now, and it's done nothing to slow my pc down. and internet pages load fine.

(only using it because i got it for free)

• TarZZ92 said: apart from it being completely useless...

To be fair, Microsoft Security Essentials ranks better than some of the Anti-Viruses programs out there, not to mention they were banned from make an antivirus suite by the government.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

my god.. this is one of the most faulty security software I have ever witnessed.. so many bugs and slowdowns, its really not good! alot of false positive detections too and the exception-list didnt even work - the scanner kept bugging me about the files on that list all the time. It might be a good deal but if you are an experienced PC user then you might wanna reconsider this.

I'd only suggest people to use this security software if the UI Design is their only concern because thats the only thing they did right in my opinion.

• @Silvenga said:
    Ugh, BitDefender is too aggressive for my tastes. It's practically designed for those non-tech savvy users. ESET is where it's at - its engine is written in assembly for speed and efficiency - and has achieved the lowest false positive rates among its peers.

I could not agree more! ESET Smart Security does a really great job! I used ZoneAlarm Pro before ESET and if you compare these two they are both very effective but ESET is waaay more lighter and has an better AV engine.