Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone received the $50 GVH coupon jnguyen offered?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone received the $50 GVH coupon jnguyen offered?

I asked about it on the 8th September (2 weeks ago) and he replied with a follow up on 12th September asking how i would use it. Since my reply, he hasn't replied to my PMs, nor to the post on his wall and to a mention in a thread he is active in. I don't like to repeatedly ask for something, so please @jnguyen, were you serious in that thread or not?

Comments

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited September 2014

I've seen some people taking advantage of the offer but I've also seen some people not getting the full $50 credit.

• I only got $20. D:

I got two VPS's, and honestly, they're not that bad.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    I only got $20. D:

I got two VPS's, and honestly, they're not that bad.

except they now admitted to spying on users... that's kinda put me off using them now (as I honestly thought they were decent enough for a cheap fuckabout box)

• @GreenHostBox said:
    I've seen some people taking advantage of the offer but I've also seen some people not getting the full $50 credit.

So people have successfully received it? That's got my hopes up. Also, that's weird, i can't find the thread again but i'm sure he posted "this $50 offer is open to all those who... etc etc" so i'm not sure about not getting the full credit.

• @hostnoob said:
    except they now admitted to spying on users... that's kinda put me off using them now (as I honestly thought they were decent enough for a cheap fuckabout box)

don't host personal stuff, and you're fine.

• Thanked by 1coolnow
  • Oh, crap... another Johnyboy thread...

/set to sink

Thanked by 1namhuy
  • @Spirit said:
    Oh, crap... another Johnyboy thread...

/set to sink

I really didn't mean for it to be like the other threads. I couldn't get a response from him via PM, wall post and another thread, so this is pretty much my last ditch effort. Disappointed i had to make this thread in the first place tbh

• Many people were given $50. After I gave away a handful of $50 credits and found them fully used I ended up changing the offer to $20. These are being processed continually.

• jnguyen said: Many people were given $50. After I gave away a handful of $50 credits and found them fully used I ended up changing the offer to $20. These are being processed continually.

>

How could we get this offer? Any requirement?

• ChronicChronic Member
    edited September 2014

I sent a PM a while back as well, no response so far. I've kept an open mind about GVH so far and wanted to see their service for myself, but my hopes aren't all that high at this point since the offer seems to be gone.

• And another offer/promotion thread appears...

• @jnguyen said:
    Many people were given $50. After I gave away a handful of $50 credits and found them fully used I ended up changing the offer to $20. These are being processed continually.

Mate, you've STILL not applied it, haven't you? You told me to make an account and PM you the email, i did but missed a letter out, completely my fault. But within a few minutes of you telling me i haven't made an account yet, i PM'd you right back with the correct email with an apology and then radio silence from you for another day and a half. I don't think i've ever had to wait such a long time (you bet i'm including the initial 2 weeks of you blatantly ignoring me) for a coupon. I genuinely tried to test your service, took your own "challenge" with the coupon but alas, you got your way. Now you don't have to give $50 - i mean $20 - worth of your service out. You can cancel my account, i'm done with you.

I've always reserved my judgement about you and GVH, but now i know what the others are talking about.

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

I've been extremely busy the past few days. Extremely busy. I apologize that you expected me to attend to messages on forums regarding a free VPS for a year with priority over assisting our paid clients and handling endeavors over our helpdesk, that's not the way things work.

Most people have had their requests processed. Those people have waited patiently and as a result, received their free credit. If you are unable to be patient then you wouldn't end up with **free* credit anyways. I don't get why there's complaining over something that's free with no obligation. Not my loss.

• Aye, I waited patiently for 2 weeks. When you eventually answered right after I created this thread (must've finished your work coincidentally?) you said all you'd needed was an email and you'd apply the coupon. I'm not a host, but I bet that's all there is to it. Input the email into a box somewhere and it'll apply the coupon, or open a quick ticket saying "when you're free, apply a coupon to this guy". But no, every time I'd go to your profile to see if you replied to my wall post, I'd see you last visited a single minute ago. You also had enough time talking about TPB's hosting setup but not for a potential customer. I've had coupons from DO and many other hosts (I don't mention them and I haven't had a problem with them but had a problem with DO). They got back to me within a day and applied it manually, and this was during an influx of many customers they now enjoy.

I've never had a host treat me like you have. I don't care how busy you think you are, but you don't challenge people to test your service and leave them hanging for more than 2 weeks. Remember, I'm not the one who challenged people to try your service. I bet you're relieved that you don't have to dish out $50 - I mean $20 - coupons now.