Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suspending server without proof?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suspending server without proof?

taronyutaronyu Member
edited September 2014 in Providers

So... LET decided to screw me over before I could post this. So here I go again.

A while back a known provider from here suspended both my vps's because there was a ongoing SSH flood between them. Ofcourse not a problem, I'll fix it and thank you for looking after me without terminating me. Except the fact that
-I couldn't find anything
-2 months later nothing else happend
-Close to impossible
-They couldn't provide me with any proof (!)

The only thing they said that "there was a ongoing ssh flood between them". What do you think about this? Where they right to suspend both of my vps's without providing me with any proof?

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

I will just give you an idea about the low end vps market, not all but many hosts will not just suspend - they will terminate as well.

You might ask "why?"

Instead of going through manual procedures which will cost time and money, they'd rather stop the issue that is happening, and find an alternative client who will not result in thing.

I am not saying you are, or the new clients wont, but this is what I have seen.

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • @rsk said:
    Hello,

I will just give you an idea about the low end vps market, not all but many hosts will not just suspend - they will terminate as well.

You might ask "why?"

Instead of going through manual procedures which will cost time and money, they'd rather stop the issue that is happening, and find an alternative client who will not result in thing.

I am not saying you are, or the new clients wont, but this is what I have seen.

I am really happy about them, been with them for over 1.5 years and they are great. (top notch provider here) Also I don't think they are bad because they couldn't provide me proof and if I ever need a 3rd server I'll definitly choose them again. I'm just looking about some opinions about this.

And as I said, I'm happy they didn't terminate me. :)

taronyu said: I am really happy about them, been with them for over 1.5 years and they are great. (top notch provider here) Also I don't think they are bad because they couldn't provide me proof and if I ever need a 3rd server I'll definitly choose them again. I'm just looking about some opinions about this.

And as I said, I'm happy they didn't terminate me. :)

Then what I can suggest is you open a ticket, and ask how/some proof that you can use to track down the issue. Then it is both of you happy :-)

• To add on to what @rsk said, most providers also have a "terminate at any time for any reason" clause, and therefore they don't need to have any tolerance for anything at all nor provide proof of any event. They could terminate you just because they felt like terminating someone today.

I doubt any provider would invoke that clause though unless they had a good reason to, which comes to @rsk's point; the provider probably felt it was cheaper to terminate and find another client rather than deal with any issue of yours.

• @petris said:
    To add on to what rsk said, most providers also have a "terminate at any time for any reason" clause, and therefore they don't need to have any tolerance for anything at all nor provide proof of any event. They could terminate you just because they felt like terminating someone today.

I doubt any provider would invoke that clause though unless they had a good reason to, which comes to rsk's point; the provider probably felt it was cheaper to terminate and find another client rather than deal with any issue of yours.

Is it that hard to read? I've never been terminated and I'm glad they didn't.

@rsk I asked for proof and they couldn't provide it. That is the thing I'm talking about.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited September 2014

@taronyu said:
    rsk I asked for proof and they couldn't provide it. That is the thing I'm talking about.

Do they claim they have logs? I don't think any provider would suspend a paying customer just for no reason.

Is the provider RamNode? Since you mentioned you were running a webserver and you have a VPS with them for the purpose of "webserver" at http://stat.f63.net/

taronyu said: @rsk I asked for proof and they couldn't provide it. That is the thing I'm talking about.

Try again, say it in a nicer way, and show them that their service rocks and you want to stay much longer. I am sure the provider will understand.

Otherwise, do a clean minimal install, and install what you require only.

• old trick dude, when u get suspend from scam host, maybe you ur vps get effect to them node, so did you suspend :) its normal accident hahaha

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

If it was us, please PM me the ticket ID. I don't recall seeing anything like that, but we deal with a lot of tickets on a daily basis.

• @Nick_A said:
    If it was us, please PM me the ticket ID. I don't recall seeing anything like that, but we deal with a lot of tickets on a daily basis.

i was waiting for Jon GVH to step up to say "if it was us" since @taronyu mention top notch provider.

Thanked by 3ATHK rsk user123