Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want to start a VPS business, is reselling a good method?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want to start a VPS business, is reselling a good method?

what plan and price is a good starting?

Comments

• Is summer here or something? Heaps of threads on the front page about this:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/34773/openvz-preferred-or-not#latest

• ausaus Member
    edited September 2014

@satoshi said:
    what plan and price is a good starting?

Get your own dedicated server or don't start your business.

• @aus said:

oh is it summer? it's Winter here lol

• satoshisatoshi Member
    edited September 2014

@aus said:

why? is a own dedi so important? it will decrease the price of plan? I don't think so today...

and i don't have tech to manage a dedi.... if let me use a dedi what I can do is to install linux and install a Virtualbox......

• He seems to be new.

• @TheKiller said:
    He seems to be new.

ya, I'm new

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2014

@satoshi said:
    and i don't have tech to manage a dedi.... if let me use a dedi what I can do is to install linux and install a Virtualbox......

I would not bother if you have to teach yourself this stuff before you start, you should have enough knowledge before venturing in.

Thanked by 2ATHK ucxo
  • @satoshi said:

Then you are not knowledgeable enough to run a VPS business.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • @aus said:

but I'm a successful businessman and I think everything I need to do with a business is to bulk-buy and sell...

• @satoshi said:
    I'm a successful businessman

Then why would you launch a risky VPS business that doesn't profit a lot (or not at all)?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

You can be reseller, but as others mentioned it would be better to get your own dedicated servers. Gives you more control :p.

• @aus said:
    Then why would you launch a risky VPS business that doesn't profit a lot (or not at all)?

every friends of me say Internet is potential and I will make a large profit when I success entered this business

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Reselling is actually the best idea for you. "Get your own dedicated server" is stupid advice since you can't manage it.

• @satoshi said:
    every friends of me say Internet is potential and I will make a large profit when I success entered this business

Go find out the truth by yourself in summer... :P

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited September 2014

why dont you try to invest in bitcoin ?

Thanked by 1satoshi
  • @FtpIt_Radi said:
    You can be reseller, but as others mentioned it would be better to get your own dedicated servers. Gives you more control :p.

yeah, I know that. but start with a dedi is someway difficult for me... thank you for advice I will research the market for a good plan and a good starting~

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@satoshi said:
    yeah, I know that. but start with a dedi is someway difficult for me... thank you for advice I will research the market for a good plan and a good starting~

Hire somebody tech-capable to manage your dedi for you.

Thanked by 1hoczaj
  • @namhuy said:
    why dont you try to invest in bitcoin ?

already invested a lot yesterday when BTC/USD is under 400

Thanked by 1nightowl
  • @aus said:

why must summer?

• @satoshi said:
    why must summer?

A good time to start businesses with other newbies who don't know anything.

• try resell if a host allows white label

• @aus said:
    A good time to start businesses with other newbies who don't know anything.

but time is money... it's Winter now and it's long to next summer

• This thread made me chuckle...

Thanked by 2Mark_R tdale
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

There's nothing wrong with VPS reselling with startup experience! Reselling virtual servers is a great way to start a hosting business and get rich quick.

Have you searched around for VPS reseller providers?

Thanked by 1PremiumN
  • @jnguyen said:
    get rich quick.

Yeah sure cause that always works!!!

• lol

btw we do provide white label reseller options open up a ticket and will be glad to work something out

• If you want success introduce something new different offering unique location etc since you are businessman you do understand what I am trying to say.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

satoshi said: but I'm a successful businessman

If you were, you wouldn't be looking at the VPS reselling business on LET.

The only people I've known who've made money selling VPSes are reselling premium VPSes ($50-100+/month and up) and adding in their own software/services. Indeed, the VPS is incidental - they're selling the software/services and host it on a VPS they rent for the customer.

You're not going to make a single rupee reselling pseudo-white-label VPSes at LET prices.

But hey, go to JollyWorks and have fun with that...

http://www.jollyworkshosting.com/affordable_vps_reseller.php

Next up, you should post a "Highly Quality Enterprise-grade 24x7 Support VPS Provider with decades of experience" offer here.

• ztecztec Member
    edited September 2014

The trick is to market LEBs as HEBs.