Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Location would this community prefer?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Location would this community prefer?

So,

What location would you prefer?

EU - Netherlands
USA - Chicago , IL

IP prices will be same

Chicago will be a bit cheaper around 50 Cents / IP and Netherlands will be around .75 or a little more

If you vote thanks alot!

Thanks

What location would you like to bring into the LET Offers Section
  1. What location would you like to bring into the LET Offers Section?56 votes
    1. Chicago , IL
      19.64%
    2. Netherlands
      80.36%

Comments

• Netherlands best bet. no DMCA law. or crap like that

• Europe - Frankfurt. We need more German hosts, there are 1000 hosts in Amsterdam already.

Thanked by 2perennate Kelthar
  • ShivamShivam Member
    edited September 2014

Frankfurt is super costly and not really viable for an let host hence i wanted to check what your thoughts for the above are however, i was looking for a good German dedicated server provider with reasonable prices but didn't really find any.

However if i find a good dedicated server provider / a good Colocation price i'll surely get that location up and running

• What DCs?

• Serverius , Dronten [NL]

Thanked by 1m0rpheux
  • Only reason i'd not want to expand into the chicago location was because of ChicagoVPS

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Chicago is a big market, plenty of room for new entrants.

• Will take that into consideration @jbiloh thanks

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

One market that I think is under served is Dallas personally.

• edited September 2014

IP prices will be same

Chicago will be a bit cheaper around 50 Cents / IP and Netherlands will be around .75 or a little more

I don't get that. Are the IP prices the same or not?

• @Shivam said:
    Serverius , Dronten [NL]

Serverius is going more and more to be crap, you'd better go with i3d/SmartDC

• @jbiloh said:
    One market that I think is under served is Dallas personally.

Catalysthost, wable, fliphost, and a bunch of others.

@Shivam said:
    Only reason i'd not want to expand into the chicago location was because of ChicagoVPS

I suggest you create a non-cc Chicago location if you go to chicago, you might get a chunk of customers just on the fact of Email servers.

• @rajprakash sorry for not being clear but what i mean the prices will not be hugely different since extra ip's in eu locations cost a bomb like 2-3$ / month

• Go with chicago but make sure you can do ipv6. Every provider I've tried in Chicago (with the exception of drServer) had not had ipv6, and I've had quite a few...

Thanked by 2drserver Pwner
  • joereid said: Every provider I've tried in Chicago (with the exception of drServer) had not had ipv6, and I've had quite a few...

You can find something decent like Daringhost in Chicago (steadfast DC) with IPv6 too.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

In the EU we have already enought hosts at NL,FR , when you go to EU then something special as he said Germany or for example Swiss

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • I agree that NL is already having enough hosts, however almost the majority of them are providing expensive services in comparison with services in US, or UK. I would say if you could provide reliable services plus securing some affordable plans will help.

• edited September 2014

Spirit said: You can find something decent like Daringhost in Chicago (steadfast DC) with IPv6 too.

Thanks Spirit!

Yes, we offer native IPv6 inside of the Steadfast DC in Chicago.

• Agree that NL has lots of hosts, but I voted for that purely on the basis that more LE* hosts in Europe the better

• i'd like to see more exotic locations, the rare ones. they would make great vpns. what about africa, hawaii, aruba, iceland, etc?

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited September 2014

@Mark_R how about Moldova / Czech Republic ?

• @Shivam said:
    Mark_R how about Moldova / Czech Republic ?

You'll be DDoS'd for competing against sz1hosting.

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited September 2014

Website seems dodgy http://www.sz1hosting.com/

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Shivam said:

Yikes, agreed.

• @Shivam said:

He turned it back on?

• I'm not sure @wych i guess so.