Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM/CentOS network-functions missing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM/CentOS network-functions missing

ausaus Member
edited September 2014 in Help

Hi Guys,

My KVM VPS's network has been down for a while now and I have been informed that /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/network-functions is missing so network can't start.

I have VNC access to the server and the file itself (copied from another KVM vps) but I'm having problems getting the file in using nano because copy/paste doesn't work in VNC/cli and the file has 500+ lines so it's impossible to type.

Is there a way to fix this issue? Re-configure networking doesn't work too.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried multiple VNC clients, none had copy/paste working.

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2014

sorry nm, I misread your issue

• You should be able to map it via Virtual Media. I am not sure which IPMI you have but with Virtual Media you can attach an ISO. You can make an ISO : http://sourceforge.net/projects/iso-creator-cs/

There are many tools to make an ISO. That is one way of doing it.

I am not sure if you can actually MAP your drive as a virtual media. If you can, then there would be no need to make an ISO.

Irrespective of that, why dont you use ifconfig to simply add the IP address. ifconfig is not dependent of network scripts. Guide to add IP address directly :
    root> ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

Your network will start and then add the file.

Thanked by 1aus
  • boot rescue mode and go ssh (with putty)

Thanked by 2aus Droid
  • hostingfuze said: boot rescue mode and go ssh (with putty)

+1 boot into rescue mode and then SSH :)