Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mxroute outage and DNS blunder
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mxroute outage and DNS blunder

mxroute.com mail was out due to a DNS blunder by their staff. Such an amateur move to use your registrar'a DNS if only as backup.

Comments

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@neopipil said:
    mxroute.com mail was out due to a DNS blunder by their staff. Such an amateur move to use your registrar'a DNS if only as backup.

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you are an active member of the community then you would know this topic has already been discussed in The Cest Pit.

Using a registrars DNS is not an amateur move. They need to keep it up so people keep renewing their domains, it's not in their interest to have a subpar system.

It has been moved over to HE DNS now is it's obviously not their only backup system...

Thanked by 2jar ihatetonyy
  • Thanked by 1jar
  • @Microlinux said:

Suddenly......

.....Fire.

Thanked by 1jar
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

Oh, forgot, @Jar

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2014

@neopipil said:
    Such an amateur move to use your registrar'a DNS if only as backup.

So you have a secondary DNS cluster that isn't configured the same as your primary cluster? Props to you then. I identified a bug that needed to be fixed NOW, not an hour from now after I build a new cluster. There's nothing amateur about that. It's my problem, I accept it, but if you wanna insult me over it you can kindly GTFO :)