Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HELP with vestacp needed...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HELP with vestacp needed...

agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

i have posted this at the vestacp forum, but did not have any luck.

can any body let me know how can i disable the innodb in vestacp-mysql

i tried skipping innodb and setting the default storage as myisam, but then roundcube stops functioning...

if i try to alter the engine manually, it shows error, in the roundcube db.

any help is welcomed

Comments

• You again?

Thanked by 3Pwner netomx ATHK
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@joodle said:
    You again?

why, i shouldn't be found here?

any problem with that?

• You tend to spam people with your problems.

agentmishra said: haha so there you are

@qps knows there ares node at atlanta is down

any ways, @qps kindly give there contact details if you have it, cos they arent replying to tickets.

dear @qps, if you can kindly help

• @agentmishra said:
    any problem with that?

You need help with EVERYTHING here, you can find answers about the MySQL innodb on Google

@Pwner said:
    You tend to spam people with your problems.

i really do not think so, i do not know what other do, but i really do not feel this is spam, and also in particular my problem...

@joodle said:
    You need help with EVERYTHING here, you can find answers about the MySQL innodb on Google

did found many, but did not find any user, who would have set thing working in vestacp...

haha

;)

google is still not that intelligent.

i have posted in this forum expecting some help, if anybody is not interested, he/she may not troll this thread. This is a humble request.

• @agentmishra said:
    i have posted in this forum expecting some help, if anybody is not interested, he/she may not troll this thread. This is a humble request.

We're not spamming, we're just stating a fact.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited September 2014

agentmishra said: he/she may not troll this thread

I troll whenever i feel like it. Just sayin'

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2014

This is a Roundcube issue, it has nothing to do with VestaCP. It sounds like it requires InnoDB, so fire up your favorite text editor and start coding.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

If your tables are InnoDB and then you disable InnoDB, then of course it won't work?

Thanked by 2agentmishra jar
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

I never used vestacp but I think that you can change the DB engine in phpmyadmin. Is there any specific reason that makes you wanna get rid of innodb? Roundcube appears to be configured to use it judging by what you stated so far.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

This has no relation to Vesta. You have innodb tables so when you disable the engine you can no longer use the tables. I can't imagine a preference for myisam. Table level locking is just a bad time.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • @agentmishra
    Is you vesta fresh installed? Then same problem here (see error in mysqld.log)

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited September 2014

Change all existing database & tables to myisam, then skip innodb...

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • Jar said: I can't imagine a preference for myisam.

Wouldn't it be the go to default option on low memory servers and more reads and very low write (if you don't consider tokudb (still elusive))

Thanked by 2jar agentmishra