Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Review: ScaleMatrix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review: ScaleMatrix

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited July 2012 in General

So I guess its time I review ScaleMatrix.

To start, I was looking for a colo in San Diego, I found two good looking ones. AIS and Scalematrix.

I took tours of both and chose Scalematrix over AIS, as it was much newer, cleaner, and just had a more upbeat attitude towards taking a 17 Year old in.

I ordered a Half Rack, 10 amps, 5mbps bursting to 100mbps on the average billing model for pretty cheap.

I then installed about 3 servers on the first day, and have nearly filled up the half cab. The nice thing about the way they section off the cabinets is I actually have a full cab, with blanks over the bottom portion so I can expand when needed.

Their panel is kinda clunky, but whatever, its a work in progress and it gets the job done.

The connection has been stellar, I get 7ms from my house to there.

Anyways, is a big company with a smallish feel, I have talked to the CEO once when he was looking at a cage being built next to my cabinet.

They are also flexible, have a problem with something? They will bend backwards to help.

Check them out at http://scalematrix.com

Comments

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

Bandwidth prices? I'm very aware that being in the Minecraft hosting business high scale bandwidth is not of your top priority, but DDoS attacks becoming ever larger, with 5mbps-100mbps burst capability you don't have much solidity or so it seems, are you protected with H/W capabilities or what? Just wondering. They sound very interesting.

• @PAD said: Bandwidth prices? I'm very aware that being in the Minecraft hosting business high scale bandwidth is not of your top priority, but DDoS attacks becoming ever larger, with 5mbps-100mbps burst capability you don't have much solidity or so it seems, are you protected with H/W capabilities or what? Just wondering. They sound very interesting.

They have DDoS protection, good upto 40gbps I believe. I have been hit a few times (3gbps) and had no problems.

• PADPAD Member

Inherent DDoS filtering on the switch? How much are you paying (rough mark) if you don't mind me asking?

• Sorry, I really can't tell you.

Ask them for a quote.

Thanked by 1Liam