Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoftException in Application.cpp:603: Directory "/" is writeable by group
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SoftException in Application.cpp:603: Directory "/" is writeable by group

anyone can help me with this error, install cpanel on a vps and I've spent my accounts to this new vps.

but I skip this error with this user

seeing the logo I get this error
SoftException in Application.cpp: 603: Directory "/" is writeable by group, referer: http://www.t0ybanead00.net/

with my previous vps working properly, so I think that this is some configuration missing in whm

appreciate ideas or help

Comments

• Yeah was getting this as well, basically means you need to lower permissions on the folder its talking about (ie 0600 or so).

• I do not understand is how in my old vps if it works correctly when the account transfer to this new vps, get this error.

• Welcome to LowEndHelpDesk, have you tried contacting cPanel as it's their problem?

Thanked by 2raindog308 Pwner
  • You and me both, had the same issue. Try changing some folder permissions around and you should be fine.

• said: Directory "/" is writeable by group

You guys are scaring the shit outta me, the error message seems pretty clear.

Thanked by 2AnthonySmith Pwner
  • Mine wasn't the "directory '/'", it was a directory that I had uploaded via ftp so ie /home/thisdomain/public_html/testdir. :-)