Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any way to proxmox cluster across subnets?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any way to proxmox cluster across subnets?

We have 2 subnets (10.10.80.x and 172.16.10.x), where I work (two separate geographic locations connected by VPN tunnel), and we are looking to put nodes in both of the subnets. I would like to cluster these nodes together with the other ones, so that I can get a central view. I can not create a VLAN between the two networks.

Is it even possible to connect proxmox 3.2 across separate subnets?

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2014

IME, No.
    Assuming you cannot create a seperate subnet for proxmox, with tinc or similar, that is common to all nodes.

EDIT: OP, Why can't you add a common tinc subnet? As I would thing that would solve your issue.

• I've used this guide with success:
    http://www.nedproductions.biz/wiki/configuring-a-proxmox-ve-2.x-cluster-running-over-an-openvpn-intranet

Like FrankZ says, you basically need to setup a VPN and route multicast through the VPN, and tell Proxmox to cluster on the VPN IP instead of the public IP. I found this setup to be somewhat unstable though, with enough cluster disconnects to make it almost unusable. YMMV

• @Nekki

Any rules on posts in a few hours? I see three on the front page I suspect he/she is trying to get their post count up..

Inb4 @OP posts an offer..

• @ATHK said:
    Nekki

Any rules on posts in a few hours? I see three on the front page I suspect he/she is trying to get their post count up..

Inb4 OP posts an offer..

New threads don't count towards the offer threshold. Several pointless threads do appear to have been yanked though.