Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Support think, that I am idiot
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Support think, that I am idiot

Why do VPS support persons think, that I am idiot or blind? If the server is offline why do they say, that it is online?

Comments

• Maybe a mirror would help?

• kovacsakkovacsak Member
    edited September 2014

@0xdragon said:
    Maybe a mirror would help?

Thanks, but I know the truth!

• @kovacsak said:
    Thanks, but I know the truth!

explain yourself a little more :-)

• If I ever ticket in about something being offline it tends to come back online within a few minutes.

• @PcJamesy said:
    If I ever ticket in about something being offline it tends to come back online within a few minutes.

Few minutes... a few days!!

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited September 2014

as a system admin giving support for the last 10 years of my life, there are 3 kinds of people that need support:

1- really don't know anything, and knowing that they don't know anything, they always start their sentences with "sorry, but I broke something"

these are the best to deal with. Because they listen to what you say. because they know that you are there to support them. They respect you. You help, they gain.

they always say "thank you" afterwards. they know that they are in good hands.

2- they are the worst kind of people to deal with. They don't know anything. They don't have any kind of knowledge, but hey they have tons of ideas!.

Ton's of ideas but with no knowledge. This is the worst. Really the worst.

It's like going to doctor , knowing you have got 3 months to live, because you know that you learn that you have brain cancer! Because yes, you read it from 3 different web sites!. Yes You have got a very powerful idea.

But hey, you only got a flu.. Whatever the doctor says, you already read it from the 3 websites. Yes you have brain cancer!

Fuck you patient. i hate you.

Being the doctor that will cure you from your flu. Yes I will do whatever I can do to make you feel like an idiot!.

because you are an idiot.

3- and then there is the third kind of people.

It's like you.

You need support. But also you know a little of what's going on, but you can not understand the whole situation. because you know little.

but you can not tell what your problem is , because you already know a little. it's like a language only you can understand a little but can not speak, because you don't learn enough words in that language.

don't be mad at yourself.

don't worry, support already deal with your problem, possibly 10k times before.

so just tell what your problem is. let the support fix your problems.

don't be mad. Just try to learn something with the answers you got from them.

--

Yes, this is me with my broken English, trying to educate the customers, I know I am wrong but know yourself. Know who you are, so that you can get the respect and solutions you need.

:)

• Define online and offline.

• @emre said:

And your point is...

@kovacsak --- Could you be a bit more particular... i.e.. a recent case might be helpful

• @kovacsak who is the host?

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited September 2014

ez2uk said: And your point is...

my point is: there is no spoon..

and for the op: @kovacsak which one are you, of the three I wrote?

• @kovacsak said:

Just saying in mycase the vps might be offline for an hour and i submit a ticket and it comes back online somehow a few minutes later or atlest before support can respond.

• @Linkking said:
    kovacsak who is the host?

GVH

• @kovacsak said:
    GVH

In that case, they probably do think you're an idiot.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

again?

• I'm not sure why you expected anything else.

• @kovacsak said:

They don't think your an idiot, so don't put yourself down.... nor should (IF) they have be putting you down

• It probably is online, just it's so oversold and unresponsive that your client decided that it took too long.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I'm not sure why you expected anything else.

I think it's time that someone just owned this. We can't spend our lives denying reality simply because we want it to be different. I give you my contribution...

http://gvhsupportforum.com

Thanked by 1skybucks100
  • http://prntscr.com/4mwcw0

Your virtual server was online during the time that you submitted your ticket. In fact, your virtual server is still online. When our SolusVM panel was DDoSed we had to move the panel to another server. Solus was unable to resolve to nodes for a period of time because of an issue (which has been resolved) which is why your virtual server appeared offline in your panel when it was actually online the entire time.

We've been telling you that your virtual server was online multiple times over your ticket, but it appears that you didn't attempt to ping or SSH into your server. Hopefully this clears things up for you and I apologize for the confusion.

And are you an idiot? I don't know, neither GVH nor I are/am calling you an idiot. That's upon you to evaluate.

/endhelpdeskreply

Thanked by 1rm_
  • akzakz Member
    edited September 2014

lol who at the beginning had a gvh vibe before the op announced it?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    again?

The pattern is incredible though:

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/discussions/70095/kovacsak

urpad -> universerv -> 123systems -> gvh

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2014

@serverian said:

Granted Urpad had a shit time when they were bought out, it's stable now though..

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

And are you an idiot? I don't know, neither GVH nor I are/am calling you an idiot. That's upon you to evaluate.

Not sure the last line was really necessary here...

• @ATHK said:
    Granted Urpad had a shit time when they were bought out, it's stable now though..

I lived long enough to see you said something good about Urpad. I can die now!

• @serverian said:

Hahaha they had their issues like anyone else, support is average outsourced,uptime so far is 83 days after a manual reboot network is 100% better now.

My INIZ , VPSDime and LES box in Sydney with RansomIT beat it 10 to 1 though...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ATHK said: Hahaha they had their issues like anyone else, support is average outsourced,uptime so far is 83 days after a manual reboot network is 100% better now.

My INIZ , VPSDime and LES box in Sydney with RansomIT beat it 10 to 1 though...

Thanked by 2vimalware RLT
  • Hahah nice!

• @serverian said:

You are the best private investigator ever! Congrats! :D