Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPIP Tunnel Support for Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPIP Tunnel Support for Windows

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited September 2014 in General

Microsoft Windows does not natively support IPIP (or GRE) Tunnels. This makes Windows Servers more difficult to DDoS protect as Reverse Proxy / Transparent Proxy becomes the only method easily available.

We at X4B are pleased to announce that this is no longer a limitation. A IPIP (IP-in-IP) userland client is now available bringing support for IPIP as a point-to-point tunnelling protocol. Finally, stateless full packet encapsulation is available :)

Download: https://www.x4b.net/files/wintunnelcli-1.exe

Licence: All rights reserved. Free for for non-commercial use. For commercial use, contact us possibly for a free licence.
Please respect the months of development spent on this project and respect our reserved right to distribute this software. A more permissive (and possibly open source) licence is coming at a later date.

Usage:

wintunnelcli [LocalAddress] [RemoteAddress] [EncapsulatedLocal] [EncapsulatedRemote] [NetworkCIDR] [InnerMTU]

LocalAddress = Address where IPIP packets is to be received
RemoteAddress = Address where IPIP packets are to be addressed
EncapsulatedLocal = Address where encapsulated IP traffic is received (on LocalAddress)
EncapsulatedRemote = Encapsulated Gateway (on RemoteAddress)
NetworkCIDR = The CIDR Range of the Encapsulated Network (Currently only 30 supported)
InnerMTU = Tunnel MTU

More information including requirements and limitations can be found at https://www.x4b.net/kb/WindowsIPIPTunnel

Please note: X4B Customers do not use this application, a customized tunnel installer is available from your dashboard including all settings required to create your tunnel.

Thanked by 2Mark_R linuxthefish

Comments

• @SplitIce

Do you have IPv6 ddos protection? I was with you guys for a while but i stop using it because I never used it lol, It was like $9 a month and I wasted over $27 (it was my fault not yours).

I might go with you guys again on the pay as you go option but theres no way I am paying $8 a month for a Ipv4, so do you allow IPv6 only?

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

@Stevie please do not turn this into a sales thread, it is probably a violation of LET rules since our services are barely LEB priced.

Our prices are already some of the most affordable for actual protection involving multiple layers and custom developed filters (i.e not just a CNServers IP).

While we do have support for IPv6 network level mitigation in some locations, we have yet to deploy Server Level "Level 3" (Software 900mbit) or Layer 7 filters with this support. DDoS attacks against IPv6 addresses are extremely rare due to the small number of stressers as well as lack of support (and infected hosts) for IPv6 in botnets. This is mostly due to the state of the IPv6 rollout.

We do not have public offerings for IPv6 protection at this time. It is an area we will continue to develop as to have the capability when the market is sufficiently ready.

Oh and FYI, PAYG is "Pay-As-You-Go" (cloud like billing) where you are billed $/minute. You can quite literally load $1 and go for a few days (or hours depending on bandwidth usage).

Anyway please keep this on topic to the software released, if you have a sales related enquiry we can be reached from our website or via PM. Although this software was developed for our customers this release has been made utilizing a generic interface to be useful for a wider audience as it solves a fundamental lack of support in Windows.

• @SplitIce

You right, my mistake, I am over tired today so sorry for that.

• HettHett Member
    edited July 2016

@SplitIce said:

Hi, i try to run wintunnelcli-2 on windows 2008 R2:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
    Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

>

C:\Opt>wintunnelcli-2.exe
    This version of C:\Opt\wintunnelcli-2.exe is not compatible with the version of
    Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether
    you need a x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact
    the software publisher.

Only very old versions of windows supported?

edited July 2016

Not sure about that specific error but officially only Windows Server 2008 R2 and higher are supported (2010 / 2012 recommended).

The old edition has not been upgraded in years now. Although I think there was a newer version at https://www.x4b.net/files/wintunnelcli-2.exe amongst other things, this one had GRE tunnel support.

Further development has been restricted to the version we provide to our customers for DDoS Protection. TBH no one seemed to be that interested in it outside of our application of the technology for communication with DDoS protected Windows Servers.

• HettHett Member

@SplitIce
    Thanks for fast answer,
    I tried both versions: wintunnelcli-1.exe and wintunnelcli-2.exe, downloaded by our link, same error on windows 2008 r2 and windows 8.1

I also tried wintunnel-x4b.exe (downloaded from client area) - its work fine.
    Can you check https://www.x4b.net/files/wintunnelcli-2.exe ? Programm really not work :(

edited July 2016

Hi,

If you are experiencing problems with the old free version released I am not sure what I can do. It is no longer maintained.

Due to lack of interest from the community and an attempt at commercial usage by a competitor the free version is most likely not going to be further developed.

I checked my local copy and the MD5's match the ones on the server. If there has been corruption or something then its the same on my local versions.

edited July 2016

Heres one final version I found floating around in my Release build folder. I am unsure of its stability, but I have named it version 1.01.

https://www.x4b.net/files/wintunnelcli-1.01.exe

Use at entirely your own risk. I have no idea what code state this corresponds with. Even if your server catches fire and burns the entire city down, don't blame me.

FYI Its likely got no code in common with x4bwintunnel, we rebuilt the base platform after the free releases for better performance, support and standards compliance.

• @SplitIce
    I think I have found the problem,I check the header of the file wintunnelcli-2.exe ->"00000000 4D 5A EF BF BF 00 03 00 ....",maybe it is changed when download from the server,can you zip your file and upload to the server again?

@hellosin this was posted in 2014.

I don't have a compiled version any more, and the chances of it working without maintenance after 5 years are slim.

I'm not sure if the link provided works, I can't see why it wouldn't though.