Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can someone who has KS-1 or KS-2 run a benchmark?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can someone who has KS-1 or KS-2 run a benchmark?

Hi,

I'm considering to run a highly used MySQL server on one of those Kimsufi boxes (KS-1 or KS-2), I haven't bought one, but I'm planning to do so, when they are available. I've been running MySQL server with a few services on an OpenVZ, but queries get slower from time to time because my website is sometimes under high traffic load, and disks are shared with other users.

I'm also curious about the overall Intel Atom performance, will it do the job, and can it be in the range of some VPS offers, or should I stick with a VPS?

So I'm interested to see some benchmarks about those two boxes (primarily for HDD) if someone has them.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I have ServerBear reports for a D425 and N2800 at Kimsufi.

D425

N2800

• Best to check out serverbear for your benchmarks. You can also compare them with other similarly priced boxes/plans.

• There is nothing special about the hardware OVH uses. Given the same RPMs, most mechanical hard drives will perform about the same. CPU benchmarks are over the web.

• Thanks all for your help, and benchmarks. If someone knows about some similar offer with that price range post it here if you can.

Thanks again!

• You won't get much good out of a single drive for MySQL, especially if you're hitting heavy traffic. An SSD VPS would more than likely be best for you.

• @vita Got anything specific you'd like me to run? I've just bought a KS-2.

They're currently in stock too. Never ever see the KS-1's come up... :(