Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheers to RamNode & Nick A
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheers to RamNode & Nick A

jnguyenjnguyen Member
edited September 2014 in Reviews

Thank you RamNode & @Nick_A for tanking the DDoS against our Solus panel on our NYC VPS for us, and for increasing your protection on the node when it crashed from the DDoS instead of kicking us out.

Really appreciated, and top notch service!

I should send over a gift basket and some cookies. :)

Thanked by 1netomx

Comments

• Now now LET, I know you want to jump on this thread and turn it into another GVH bandwagon thread, but don't do it. Just let the thread pass by as any other thread should, and continue on your normal daily business / lives.

@jnguyen : Glad you could find somewhere that you're not under attack as easily.

• You're just saying "come get me".

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@Brad said:
    You're just saying "come get me".

@GoodHosting said:
    Now now LET, I know you want to jump on this thread and turn it into another GVH bandwagon thread, but don't do it. Just let the thread pass by as any other thread should, and continue on your normal daily business / lives.

• Nice advert for GVH.

• DarioXDarioX Member
    edited September 2014

I have an idea for you!

Close GVH and use the domain to permanently redirect to Ramnode!

Wouldn't that be great?

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited September 2014

nevermind :)

• You should just do a full review of Ramnode's services.... :P

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2netomx jvnadr
  • wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

@Nekki / @mpkossen pretty sure this doesn't meet the new review rules or fit into the providers section guidelines?

Thanked by 1vladka24
  • It's not even posted under Reviews, you guys are all bandwagon trolls.

Thanked by 2J1021 netomx
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

This isn't by any means an attempt at self-promotion, I just wanted to make a public thread saying thank you out of my appreciation.

The ticket went like this, basically:

We've had our site hosted with them since January 14, 2014, when they saved us at that time from a DDoS attack against our website & client area. Everything has gone smoothly since then with high performance servers, a great network, real DDoS protection, and really prompt service.

So there's my review. :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen wait, do you know what "took down" means? So you were the issue behind the downtime of NYCSVZ8 and you post it public?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    jnguyen wait, do you know what "took down" means? So you were the issue behind the downtime of NYCSVZ8 and you post it public?

What, he got DDoSed? That's hardly the client's fault. </endquote>

As much as I hate defending GVH, you guys sure are making this easy.

Thanked by 2netomx challengeke
    edited September 2014

@GoodHosting but as he said GVH is a DDOS Magnet and 10Gbit is enought? Sounds like you need something cheap and missed OVH and other people with there vps's get affected also.

• @Infinity580 said:

Oh the irony, the OVH is what was the major player in DDoSing us (GoodHosting) when we moved FROM OVH, to Centerra (upon recommendation by @Serverian .)

• I've never claimed us to be a ddos magnet

edited September 2014

@jnguyen but that sounds like you are a DDOS Magnet "series" and you posted some time ago that your Mainpage vent under DDOS.

• Going to give you guys a try, seems like you've got some nice cheap IP's for 25 cents each :)

• @Infinity580 said:

• @Infinity580 it is ridiculous to hold GVH to account for a DDoS attack against them. The blame for DDoS attacks should always lay firmly with whoever is orchestrating the attack/s.

There is nothing wrong with it, but when the DDOS is so Big as it sounds like from Nick that the Node died (was taken down) seems like its not the right protection? or to small?

• @GoodHosting said:

• GoodHosting facepalms.

I lol'd.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Infinity580 said:
    There is nothing wrong with it, but when the DDOS is so Big as it sounds like from Nick that the Node died (was taken down) seems like its not the right protection? or to small?

Not really, Staminus is not "always on" protection, they are a protection with scrubbing centers that offloads your traffic onto their datacenters during an attack, you can also create firewall rules for some permanent mitigation (depending on what level of package you have with them.) Therein, @Nick_A created a simple "REJECT UDP" rule, and the problem was solved.

I don't see how this is rocket surgery.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Infinity580 said:

The default filtering doesn't handle all attack patterns the same. Some of the attack leaked through until I applied some changes.

On a side note, @jnguyen, as much as I appreciate positive reviews, you probably should not have posted this publicly. You are being hit much harder now after making yourself more of a target.

• @Nick_A said:
    On a side note, jnguyen, as much as I appreciate positive reviews, you probably should not have posted this publicly. You are being hit much harder now after making yourself more of a target.

Ouups.

• @AnthonySmith No need for that.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited September 2014

Thanked by 1coolnow
  • BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen please check my ticket about the extra IP's i've ordered, still waiting for a reply. And NOPE, i don't have patience.

• @AnthonySmith might want to edit your post.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

I think @AnthonySmith got his point across.

@Nick_A said:
    On a side note, jnguyen, as much as I appreciate positive reviews, you probably should not have posted this publicly. You are being hit much harder now after making yourself more of a target.

He just likes drama.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
This discussion has been closed.