Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIS News 07.12 (New Locations!)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EDIS News 07.12 (New Locations!)

WilliamWilliam Member
edited June 2012 in Providers

(Punch line: Who will steal the location ideas this time?.... we will see :-))

Hello from EDIS, better said me in Maribor because Graz is way too hot today (still 30°C compared to 25°C here) where i was not even able to order a coffee because no one here in this Café seems to understand English or German (but i was able to get a Cola at least)

Anyway, this is not a thread about Slovenia so lets start with the news:

Italy
We know many are not happy with our ISP choice in Italy, while I3B is perfect in Austria (and their NOC and support is the best and most helpful i've ever seen) their footprint in Italy is not very large and the pricing is simply not actual anymore.
Thus we have sent out new equipment, which will also enable KVM + IPv6, to our new ISP - CDLAN.
Current VRS customers don't need to do anything, all VRS will be migrated to the new location without any IP changes, same goes for webhosting customers.
KVM will be available in ca. 3 weeks, along with native IPv6.
ETA 3 weeks

Hong Kong
HK has been choosen for the Asian footprint for now, a second location in Singapore maybe follows in 6-12 months - We were able to get some BW guarantees out of our ISP so the quality should be fine for a LEB service.
There will be IPv6, like in Iceland, over a tunnel to HE.net under our own AS# (2-5ms ping to the HE tunnel endpoint in HK)
ETA 2 weeks

Spain
Spain has been ordered after very long ISP talks (i must note here that Spain was the FIRST country where 90% of the ISPs did not even reply, 7% did not speak ANY english, 2% had no idea what they actually sell, and 1% was the provider we
picked then) - It will be natively IPv6 enabled and connected by Gbit.
ETA 2 weeks

Chile
Yes, you read right, that is the long country on the left side of south america - KVM and VRS will be offered, with tunneled IPv6 (+100-150ms) on our own AS - BW is -50% like in Iceland, Pricing likely stays the same.
Peering with Telmex and others throughout South America, Telecom Italia, Level3 and others.
ETA 4 weeks

Iceland
Iceland is available now, with IPv6 (tunneled), connected by Gbit.

That is it for today :)

-William

Comments

• No, for now no new expansions will be done until Q4'12.

• You have any plans for Middle east?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Awesome, I have some plans about the multiple locations you are offering, I will soon be purchasing a VPS in all of your locations for testing purposes for starters :P

Also, it is fuckin hot in Bulgaria as well. I am dieing over here and it is 12:27 AM, should have been cooler in the night... It's the same thing. My laptop is literally overheating and it gets hard to put my wrists on it while typing. And of course my AC won't be working for atleast 4-5 more days, just enough time to get completly boiled myself.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@DanielM said: You have any plans for Middle east?

That will be us :)

• Nice. :)

Wish you all the best and keep growing :)

• SpiritSpirit Member

@William said: better said me in Maribor because Graz is way too hot today

In Styria just because weather? Damn old fox... should I pretend like I believe you or ask for her name? :)

@William said: KVM and VRS will be offered, with tunneled IPv6 (+100-150ms) on our own AS

VRS with IPv6 too?

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@William said: to our new ISP - CDLAN.

That's Prometeus network?

• subinsubin Member

singapore! Good News!

• AndriAndri Member

@William said: Singapore maybe follows in 6-12 months

@subin said: singapore! Good News!

Indeed a good news. Looking forward to this.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • fanfan Veteran

Have you finished pricing for HK?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

HK!!!!

• @DanielM said: You have any plans for Middle east?

Yes.

@Spirit said: VRS with IPv6 too?

No.

@fan said: Have you finished pricing for HK?

Yes, since a month already...

@NanoG6 said: That's Prometeus network?

correct.

• Ok, will waiting for the SIngapore :)
    Wish it could be less than $7/month.

Many vps provider in Indonesia rate in Indonesian Internet Exchange more than $7/month, and more than $10/month in Singapore :D

• @ErawanArifNugroho said: Wish it could be less than $7/month.

same price as in HK - So cheapest would be 4.50 EUR (for KVM) or so

• Can you provide test ping ip for all the locations?
    I will wait for a decent LEB in SG also.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited June 2012

IT: 195.88.4.70
    HK: not yet
    SG: 103.11.140.3
    Spain: 37.235.53.1 (might not work yet, upstreams waiting for LOA)
    Iceland: 37.235.49.1
    Chile: secret for now :)

• spavpsspavps Member

Actually I'd get one for each of your location.
    Nice job, EDIS.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

cant ping SG location

• ping 103.11.140.2

Thanked by 1jcaleb