Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling 2 x 2GB Host Hatch VPS and 1 x MX Route promo code to raise money for XFS_Duke
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling 2 x 2GB Host Hatch VPS and 1 x MX Route promo code to raise money for XFS_Duke

sumosumo Member
edited September 2014 in General

After reading this post, I thought I should do something to help XFS_Duke. As of this post, I do not and do not plan to have a personal, business, or financial connection to him, his company, or the funding site. The first I've heard of him or his company (or the funding site) was through the above post.

Up for sale are two VPSs for a project that never got underway and a 50% off promo code for MX Route that I don't plan on using.

The VPSs are from Host Hatch and they are their VZ-SSD #4 plans from their 3 year anniversary special. There are more than seven months left on each subscription, they expire on April 29, 2015 and April 28, 2015 respectively. The annual renewal rate is $76.99 for each VPS. The specifications from the previously stated ad are listed here for convenience:

• VZ-SSD #4
  • 4 CPU cores @ 3.5Ghz+
  • 2048MB RAM
  • 2048MB vSwap
  • 60GB SSD space
  • 3TB bandwidth
  • 1Gbps uplink
  • 1x IPv4 address
  • 1x IPv6 address
  • OpenVZ/SolusVM
  • $7/month
  • Available in USA, The Netherlands, or Sweden

I contacted support and was told that a transfer is possible. The following is the relevant excerpt from the support ticket:

"A transfer is indeed possible. The new user simply needs to register an account in our system and you need to authorize the move to it. Yes, they will receive the same discount."

Presumably, your account must be in good standing.

The 50% off promo code for MX Route is from a recent promotion. I received two promo codes. I used already used one, so one if available for sale. The current plans are listed below for convenience.

• Small, 10GB Storage,1 Domain, 1 Email Account, $5/year
  • Medium, 15GB Storage, 3 Domains, 10 Email Accounts per domain, $15/year
  • Large, 50GB Storage, 10 Domains, 30 Email Accounts per domain, $25/year
  • MX350, 20GB Storage, Unlimited Domains, Unlimited Accounts, $3.50/m
  • MX500, 40GB Storage, Unlimited Domains, Unlimited Accounts, $5.00/m
  • MX700, 75GB Storage, Unlimited Domains, Unlimited Accounts, $7.00/m

Terms of the sale:

1. I would like a minimum of $40 USD in donations for each VPS and $10 USD for the promo code payable directly to gofundme.com/d5uzbw
  2. You can of course donate more than the minimum donation if you're so inclined
  3. You must have a registered account in good standing with Host Hatch for the VPS to transfer
  4. Because you are not paying me, the following public method is required for proof of your donation
  5. Prior to finalizing your donation on the Go Fund Me site, include "From LET - your_username" in the comments substituting "your_username" with your actual LET username
  6. After making the donation(s), state that you've donated on this thread
  7. Your name can remain anonymous for the donation, but the comment is your public receipt that you've made the prerequisite donation
  8. Your username in the comment must match your LET username or else it will not count and I will not transfer the VPS or provide you with the promo code
  9. Do not send money to me
  10. There are no refunds and I will not reimburse anyone for incorrect donations

Thank you for reading my post. If you have any questions, let me know.

Moderators, let me know if I am violating any rules. I don't believe I am.

Comments

• I might go for the HostHatch.. depends on what location they're in?

• @sumo this is really appreciated. I can use all the help I can get right about now.

Thank you and to anyone who donates.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@0xdragon said:
    I might go for the HostHatch.. depends on what location they're in?

We can move VPS between locations, no problem.

• @0xdragon said:

The VPSs are relocatable to any of Host Hatch's location, which are Amsterdam, Los Angeles, and Stockholm

• @XFS_Duke said:
    sumo this is really appreciated. I can use all the help I can get right about now.

Thank you and to anyone who donates.

It's my pleasure. This is only a small gesture, but hopefully it helps and bring additional exposure to your current situation. Best wishes to you and your family on your speedy recovery.

• I added the annual renewal rate for Host Hatch VPSs and current plans for MX Route to the opening post.

• Will be interesting get 1Gb KVM offer for $5/month :)

• @fitvpn said:
    Will be interesting get 1Gb KVM offer for $5/month :)

I don't believe you would be able to do that with what I have. But maybe you can ping @Abdullah to see if he can do something for you

• Already ddos them a bit few days ago, had no response :)

• @fitvpn said:
    Already ddos them a bit few days ago, had no response :)

I will assume you're kidding about the ddos attack. If not, that's absurd

• @0xdragon said:

Still interested in the Host Hatch VPSs? Do any of the locations work for you?

• Just lol dude I innocent.. :)

• @fitvpn said:
    Just lol dude I innocent.. :)

That's what they all say. My mistake on misinterpreting your joke.

• I will make the VPSs available for sale until the end of the week. If there aren't any takers, I will find other projects that they will go to.

• sumosumo Member
    edited October 2014

@onep

Thank you for donating. Your MX Route code is PM'd. Let me know if you have any issues.