Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123Systems/ChicagoVPS Wants To Profit Off A Horrible Situation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123Systems/ChicagoVPS Wants To Profit Off A Horrible Situation

I just got this in my email:

Dear [Name],

Summer is nearly over and fall is around the corner! We hope that you've enjoyed the warm beautiful weather this summer and as temperatures fall we plan to heat things back up with exciting news and fantastic deals. Over the past two months our team at New Wave NetConnect, the parent company of 123Systems, has been busy working to make drastic improvements to the 123Systems brand. It's been a massive under taking, larger than we expected, and there have been some bumps in the road, but we're thrilled to be nearly finished with the first phase. Here's an overview of what we've accomplished thus far:

1. Additional support staff we're added to improve the support experience. Further additions are on the way over the next two weeks.

2. Nearly all of our slabbed nodes (virtualization onto of virtualization) were decommissioned and replaced with new, more powerful native virtualized servers. Providing an immense performance and reliability enhancement. The remaining few slabbed nodes will be decommissioned by the end of September.

3. Upon our acquisition of 123Systems there was a tremendous backlog of sales and billing tickets. That build up has been completely resolved at this time, if you have any remaining outstanding issues please submit a ticket and we will handle it immediately.

We know that despite all of these significant improvements our work is just starting. We're going to continue working hard each and every day to provide an exceptional service and value to our customers. We thank you for your loyalty, understanding and patience while we've gone through this period.

This past weekend in the United States was Labor Day; a popular holiday intended to celebrate hard working people everywhere. Even though our team has been working non-stop for the past 2 months, including this past weekend, we wanted to do something special...

Use Coupon Code "LABOR" for 50% off recurring on almost any package we sell.

Thanks for reading,

Chris Fabozzi
New Wave NetConnect

So, instead of compensating me for the whole month of downtime, they want people like me to buy another VPS from them? Maybe they should fix their reputation before they offer "something special".

Comments

• So terrible service I have got,and they do a lot of Coupon with out active the current box!

• Google Chrome could not load the webpage because www.123systems.net took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection

Can't even look at their website to check out the pricing

• Well mine e-mail that i got looks a bit different:

Dear [NAME],

We Want you Back! 50% Coupon "LABOR" Below

We know we’ve lost your trust and your business, and we want to fix that. Over the past two months our team at New Wave NetConnect, the parent company of 123Systems, has been busy working to make drastic improvements to the 123Systems brand. It's been a massive under taking, larger than we expected, and there have been some bumps in the road, but we're thrilled to be nearly finished with the first phase. Here's an overview of what we've accomplished thus far:

1. Additional support staff were added to improve the support experience. Further additions are on the way over the next two weeks.

2. Nearly all of our slabbed nodes (virtualization on top of virtualization) were decommissioned and replaced with new, more powerful native virtualized servers. Providing an immense performance and reliability enhancement. The few remaining slabbed nodes will be decommissioned by the end of September.

3. Upon our acquisition of 123Systems there was a tremendous backlog of sales and billing tickets. That build up has been completely resolved at this time, if you have any remaining outstanding issues please submit a ticket and we will handle it immediately.

We know that despite all of these significant improvements our work is just starting. We're going to continue working hard each and every day to provide an exceptional service and value to our customers and to win the business back of those we’ve lost.

This past weekend in the United States was Labor Day; a popular holiday intended to celebrate hard working people everywhere. Even though our team has been working non-stop for the past 2 months, including this past weekend, we wanted to do something special...

Use Coupon Code "LABOR" for 50% off recurring on almost any package we sell.

• @sepei said:
    Well mine e-mail that i got looks a bit different:

Probably avoiding spam filters.

•  Their 512M KVM VPS limits too much,when I just download a soft it offline,haldly downloaded,when installing it offline,and I sounded many customers have met the same thing,their support only can rebulid a new one,but the same trouble again.
      So I suggest ChicagoVPS please do not limit your VPS too much,We will not abuse,of course Some programs will occasionally occupied resources such installing or taring,but few seconds or mins,you should not shutdown our vps directly,we order your vps to use but not display,You do sales promotion to promote your products Rather than let more people know how bad your VPS,Right?

• I got a KVM package from 123Systems at the end of July.

Yes, I did order it (unbeknownst to me) when they had TERRIBLE outsourced support. Yes, it did take them ONE month to provide me with the correct configuration. Yes, it did take two tickets and 20 conversations.

BUT, eventually, they did give me the KVM I ordered (a standard config through a link from LEB).

My tickets were completed right after Chris announced he had a new in-house support person. Just give them time.

BTW, I ordered another KVM just today. I don't expect them to provision it for at least another week. I know their reputation (they are not an Online.net or Ramnode or Crissic). I curb my expectations based on it. You guys should too.

See ya...

d.c.

• netrixnetrix Member
    edited September 2014

well, at least my box is up and running since I received it. and yes, it takes a month to get provisioned

• sepei said: Upon our acquisition of 123Systems there was a tremendous backlog of sales and billing tickets. That build up has been completely resolved at this time, if you have any remaining outstanding issues please submit a ticket and we will handle it immediately.

Looks like they've turned the corner, well done.

• my 123Systems VPS is still down, probably 2 weeks now.

• When I read the subject I expected an Uzi / ukraine related coupon.

• Bro, 123 brand is fraudulent. I learned my lesson few years ago and i never bought anything with 123 in it and i am at peace.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Myelin,

You cannot compare the current 123Systems brand with the new one. It has been bought by another company ( NWNX ) and is operating under new management.

@Reetus,

Please PM a ticket number as I would like to take a look into it.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

CVPS_Chris said: You cannot compare the current 123Systems brand with the new one.

Why would that be when it is operating in the same way?

@AnthonySmith, it is not operating the same way, its in much better condition than it was.

Why do you comment on things you have no business being in anyway? Havent you learned that other providers bashing other providers is usually not a good idea?

edited September 2014

CVPS_Chris said: it is not operating the same way,

The internet does not agree, I suppose it could actually be worse http://i.imgur.com/nSH4XKk.png if that is what you mean, is this your new brand of quality customer care?

I think you are the exception to that rule though, laughing at having servers down for 2 months while getting a last minute offer posted by email i.e. the rules do not apply to CVPS pretty much leaves you open to this sort of thing.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    AnthonySmith, it is not operating the same way, its in much better condition than it was.

Why do you comment on things you have no business being in anyway? Havent you learned that other providers bashing other providers is usually not a good idea?

He never bashed it, he only questioned it. But the fact that you instinctively went defensive to his question means something though.

@Pwner,

Go look at all his recent posts, he is in every thread about us. Must be jealous.

I answered his question, he just does not want to accept the truth that we are doing our best and we are not here to screw anyone and just wants to cause issue. However, I will not allow that to happen because I am above that.

Lets get back on topic here to the OP. He has been refunded and the case is closed. Time to move on to the next thread.

CVPS_Chris said: Must be jealous

Yes that is the reason.

http://lowendtalk.com/search?Search=chicagovps

What I want is to search my own company name and see a sea of people telling me how shit I am :) so jel!

@AnthonySmith

Ah but you still fail to see that the number of complaints are miniscule compared to the actual customer base. If we only get 20-30 upset people a month, we must be doing a hell of a job.

On top of that, you also seem to fail to understand that all the threads that are currently active, are all being supported by the same 5 people, no one new, no new complaints.

I don't expect you to agree with me, you have your own bias opinions and just want to make us look bad for no reason. Have I ever personally attacked you? Have I every attacked your business? The answer is no.

You being here participating in this thread.... zero business to do so. As much as people bad mouth ChicagoVPS have you ever seen me go in another business thread and bad mouth them when things got rough?(BuyVM doesnt count) No, because there is no reason for me to do so. The company can either fix the issue or the customers can do the talking, no need for the competition to do the dirty work.

If you want to reflect poorly on your business, then fine by me. I have no complaints, just remember what goes around comes around.

Back on topic:

Customers are our number one priority, so if you have an issue please let me know. I am here to help anyone and everyone and just want to move past this dark period and prove that we are who we say we are.

Regards

Chris

Thanked by 1sz1hosting

CVPS_Chris said: the same 5 people

not true.

CVPS_Chris said: 20-30 upset people a month

Not true, and these are only the ones that post.

CVPS_Chris said: just want to make us look bad

You did that all by yourself long before I ever mentioned it :)

CVPS_Chris said: (BuyVM doesnt count

It counts...

CVPS_Chris said: The company can either fix the issue or the customers can do the talking

Seems the latter has happened.

CVPS_Chris said: Have I ever personally attacked you?

Erm ... yes, a while ago on irc, you are no saint and you know it.

It is simple, fix it and it goes away.

and about that last minute offer.... I guess that will remain a secret then.

We added SJ last minute. The offer was submitted quite some time ago. Keep playing hobby host over there.

• vladka24vladka24 Member
    edited September 2014

123Systems got their stuff together. My speeds are great now, and yeah just a nice vps now.

@Vladka24, have you opened a ticket? If so please PM me the ticket ID so I can take a look.

Thanks

Chris

• I'll do that. Thanks for the reply!

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Vladka24, have you opened a ticket? If so please PM me the ticket ID so I can take a look.

Thanks

Chris

• 123system does not care, just run around, must have some kind of stickies written.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2014

@CVPS_Chris said:
    Myelin,

You cannot compare the current 123Systems brand with the new one. It has been bought by another company ( NWNX ) and is operating under new management.

Reetus,

Please PM a ticket number as I would like to take a look into it.

I don't know. I just don't believe it. there's so many lies being thrown about left right and center what can you believe?

• mpkossenmpkossen Member
    edited September 2014

@CVPS_Chris said:
    We added SJ last minute. The offer was submitted quite some time ago. Keep playing hobby host over there.

No it wasn't.

CVPS_Chris said: Have I every attacked your business? The answer is no.

Erm... Need me to point it out?

• @mpkossen point the damn lie out, show your neu·tral·i·ty.

• MorningIris said: @mpkossen point the damn lie out, show your neu·tral·i·ty.

I think coaxing replies out of Chris and letting him dig his own grave will work nicely.

@CVPS_Chris said:

you are full of shit we all know it.

Thanked by 1Amitz