Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need help with samba
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need help with samba

FalzoFalzo Member

is there anyone who is experienced with samba? ;-)

I've setup newest samba-version 4.1.11 on debian wheezy (from backports) on one of my VPS.

as far as I've configured it, it's standalone, not a domain controller but workgroup, only one share with username/password is setup.

I can connect without problems to this share via smbclient from other (linux-)VPS, but not from several windows 7 (pro 64bit) computers, only error is network path not found.

to make the situation more complex i've found another win7 pc @work from which I can connect to the share without hassle - can't say yet, which differences are between those, only the one connecting is 32bit and uses DHCP for getting an local IP from router, while the others use static ones.

needless to say, that I am able to ping/ssh/whatever from all computers to the VPS...

I for sure googled my brain off, trying to setup different policy settings, registry tweaks and such, as much suggested - nothing worked.

anyone can give me some new hints? ;-) thanks in advance!

Comments

• you are very welcomed to service yourself. thanks anyway.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • found the problem just now.

a f**king netbios-filter was activated on a router in the local network so no chance to reach remote hosts on port 139 ... could have come faster to mind :/

[solved.]

• Banned in 30 minutes. What was the point?

• there was a non appropriate comment between, which seems to be deleted now.