Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hosteurope.de trial?!?, copahost 85% off for 1mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hosteurope.de trial?!?, copahost 85% off for 1mo

So, go here:

https://www.hosteurope.de/en/Server/Root-Server/Dedicated/

Click the try it now for 30 day free trial, and it lets you pick the 400 euro server?

This is the footnote:

You can test Virtual Server, Root Server und Private Cloud Server free of charge for 30 days. The first monthly fee won't be charged until after the end of the test phase – 30 days from provision. If you are unhappy with your server product, you can simply cancel the contract during the testing phase with one day notice, and you will not be charged. Please note: The "Test it 30 days free of charge" option does not include Individual Servers! This promotion is limited to one test booking per customer.

.... The first monthly fee won't be charged until after the end of the test phase – 30 days from provision... If you are unhappy with your server product, you can simply cancel the contract during the testing phase with one day notice, and you will not be charged....

wtf, what am I missing here? there has to be something..

Also, this VPS offer, which is more realistic:

http://www.copahost.com/vpshosting.html

Extra large and powerful VPS servers hosting with full root access. High performance servers with RAID-10.

Limited time offer! 85% OFF for the first month. Coupon code: CARNIVALVPS.
Valid for every VPS plan!

only catch seems to be:

A cancellation notice has to be received within the period of two weeks before the end of the contract duration.

Comments

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

I noticed there are two **'s by the expensive ones... but there are no other **'s on that whole page, just the footnote for 2 ... eh.

oh, I did see this:

(2) Unless otherwise agreed, the minimum contract period is 12 months and the limit for termination is six weeks prior to the end of the contract period. Unless otherwise agreed, the contract is renewed for lack of notice to the relevant minimum contract term. If this is more than a year, it will be renewed for a year.

So if you didn't cancel before 30 days, then I guess they'd try to lock you in for 12 months @ 400 euro a month.

The **'s don't appear anywhere on that webpage, or in the Terms, or anywhere else I looked.

• I emailed hosteurope.. don't think they'd be giving away free trials to stuff they get $525/mo for regularly

• 1Excl. one-time setup fee of 99.00€. No minimum contract period. Contract termination must be at least 4 weeks before the end of the month. All prices include VAT.

Fucking bullshit 4weeks before end of the month what kind of crap is this

• That's Good marketing from Host Europe :D , One thing everyone should know before buying from any host is that , No one is for charity here and there's always a terms & conditions that comes with a offer which are too good to believe.

• I am customer with hosteurope, and as far as I for myself already did, you can order a service with them for 30 days free, not only new customers!
    and within this 30 days you can cancel it from their control-panel anytime without being charged. so yes, they let try you a dedicated they normally charge 449,- € (incl. VAT) if you wish for...

probably they believe in not a lot who are buying e.g. small vps at normal are willing to get a big one dedicated for just one month and throw all work done configuring it away afterwards. what should it be good for lurking a month free when not planning to use it later on?
    and if you're just testing some things out - this probably won't use that much ressources and doesn't produce really much costs after all but a satisfied customer who might consider hosteurope later again?!

• for hosteurope I still see full price when I'm about to pay...

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2014

because that is what they would charge after the first month. you'll get an invoice from them, normally upfront, but with those 30 days free, you'll get it after the first month if you don't cancel.

they used to charge my bank account via SEPA charge on the beginning of each month, which is easiest for both sides if you are in europe. Before they do that I'll get an invoice with all services on it, that will extend for another month.

cancellation is done via control panel online and is possible with at least 30 days in advance for normal service (regarding choosed contract length), and with only one day if you are in the first month.
    I posted a screenshot around here, what it looks like if this is somewhat of interest...

can definitely recommend them, at least if you are from europe, have their service for production uses, very stable and reliable, yet not really lowend ;-)

# uptime
    09:49:06 up 415 days, 11:14,  1 user,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.16

(one of my VPS there...)

PS: I have to say I don't know how they handle customers who are to pay via paypal or CC, but at least via CC they should be able to get an upfront approval for the due amount after first month...

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited August 2014

nvm.

• try then serverloft.de root servers. My uptime was 99%. But.. uhm.. sometimes got 6-8hour downtime.. then i got 15 euro credit and etc. Not bad at all , but there is better.. colorhost.de for example. They are rock solid , and their prices is good too.

• Copahost VPS location?

• hosteurope usually asks you for your ID-card if you sign up a service with them, so at least some work is involved to get a server free for 30 days. They are a legit provider.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

Hmm, I'll probably do that hosteurope thing, then. It looked to me like if you didn't cancel within 30 days that you got locked into a full year contract though, eh? re: that one-time setup fee, I would think that would have to apply on your first month after your free trial... I think if they did try to charge you that, it'd be easy to contest, since none of the footnotes or anything for trial suggest you have to pay anything at all..

re: copahost, seems they're in Germany (checked twitter account)

• there is no contract term for their dedicated servers at all, as stated in the footnotes.
    if you hold the server longer than the first 30 days, than you have to cancel four weeks in advance to end of month.
    I can't say when they will charge the setup fee...

• zevuszevus Member
    edited September 2014

I haven't done it yet, was wondering about that setup fee, and why there is a '**' next to the dedicated server.... but on the website there is no ** or anything that'd tell you what that means.

I guess if they actually did charge you a setup fee, you could always use that German law that requires them to refund you in full if you write them within two weeks... (something about online contracts)

Though, depending on what you were doing with the server, it might just be worth the setup fee for the full month.

• german law isn't that easy. such a revocation may be possible, but does not stand for getting all your money back.
    there are some exceptions to this - esp. if you ordered 'online services' and revoke within 14 days, they IMHO can claim a 'reasonable amount' which covers the period their service was available to you.
    I am yet not sure, but suppose, that setup fees will fall into this reasonable rate, because they may be neccessary after all to deliver service...

I would suggest you mail or phone them and simply ask, how this will be handled :-)