Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to snapshot/backup Centos 6.5? Anyone have scripts? [Dedibox kidéchire 1,99 €]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to snapshot/backup Centos 6.5? Anyone have scripts? [Dedibox kidéchire 1,99 €]

Any experts create scripts to perform individual full system backup/restore specifically for this Dedibox kidéchire setup (centos 6.5) - perhaps utilizing their ftp or other remote ssh to save/retrieve custom image? Github contrib perhaps?

(even more ultimate script would also utilize the online.net API to re-install OS). Since many folks are going to use this for testing scenarios, I imagine this not being too far off many people's wish list. Do chime in with +1 if you too wish for this.

I'm not good at such OS level scripts so I am wishing for help.

Comments

• I use this for backup, it's a python script that is easy to use, configurable and can backup system, database then upload it to a variety of places (I am backing up to Online.net free FTP).

https://github.com/meskyanichi/backup

Thanked by 1aFriend
  • Thanks! these are great pointers!

• @aFriend said:
    Any experts create scripts to perform individual full system backup/restore specifically for this Dedibox kidéchire setup (centos 6.5) - perhaps utilizing their ftp or other remote ssh to save/retrieve custom image? Github contrib perhaps?

(even more ultimate script would also utilize the online.net API to re-install OS). Since many folks are going to use this for testing scenarios, I imagine this not being too far off many people's wish list. Do chime in with +1 if you too wish for this.

I'm not good at such OS level scripts so I am wishing for help.

You can make a bash script doing something like this:

tar -zcvpf /backups/fullbackup.tar.gz --directory=/ --exclude=proc --exclude=sys --exclude=dev/pts --exclude=backups .

Then rsync the created backup file to your backup ftp / sftp

Thanked by 1aFriend