Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Kihi Hosting] Canadian KVM VPS Hosting ••• Custom Panel & Android App ••• Starting @ $2/Month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Kihi Hosting] Canadian KVM VPS Hosting ••• Custom Panel & Android App ••• Starting @ $2/Month

KihiKihi Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Hey! We are Kihi, after many hours of programming and deliberation we have decided to finally advertise our offers on LowEndTalk.

About us: We are a growing company located in the heart of the Waterloo area. We house and own all of our equipment in a fast, reliable data center located in Kitchener, Ontario.

Our network: To learn more about our network. Check out out blog posts here, as well as our looking glass here.

Our control panel / API: We built our control panel and provisioning software from scratch. Powered by Ruby and Go, each VPS is deployed in less than 10 seconds on each node. We utilize Sinatra for our API, allowing us to scale to our customer base. This allows us to easily implement our control panel for devices such as Android and Android Wear. having built all our back-end architecture ourselves, we are less susceptible to security exploits compared to other third-party software.

What we program in: We program in both Ruby and Go for our provisioning software as well as control panel. Ruby for it's track-record and Go for it's lovely concurrency.

Features:

• No over allocation. Dedicated resources. (the benefit of KVM).
  • Less-than-10-seconds deployment
  • Launch configured hosted solutions (such as Wordpress, GitLab, OpenVPN) easily through a simple form.
  • Custom control panel with statistics.
  • Android & Android Wear application. Download from the play store here.

Technical (per VPS):

• Storage: RAID-1 or RAID-5 storage (depending on the node)
  • CPU: 2.0Ghz to 2.5Ghz
  • Network: 100Mbps link

Terms of Service (in a nutshell): Go crazy as long as it's nothing illegal. High CPU abuse is frowned upon. More details here

Mini-FAQ

• IPv6? Not at this moment. Our data center is currently preparing itself to be 100% IPv6 compliant.
  • How do I get an API key for the (beta) Android application? After ordering, feel free to open a ticket with us and we shall manually add an API key for you.
  • Transparency? We try and remain as transparent as possible with our service. Feel free to check out our blog as well as our public whois information.

LowEndTalk discussion
We have actually been briefly mentioned before on LowEndTalk. However, as we were still implementing our Android application as well as numerous other features, we decided to sustain until later.

KVM Hosting Details

KVM 512MB - $2 / Month - Order here:

• RAM: 512 MB
  • CPU Cores: 1
  • HDD - 120GB
  • Bandwidth - 500GB
  • 100 Mbps
  • 1 IPv4

KVM 1GB - $4 / Month - Order here:

• RAM: 1 GB
  • CPU Cores: 1
  • HDD - 120GB
  • Bandwidth - 1TB
  • 100 Mbps
  • 1 IPv4

Other

Guarantee: If you're not satisfied with the server for ANY reason within three days after ordering, feel free to contact us and we will provide 100% of your money back.

Questions? Feel free to ask! Don't be shy. We try to remain as transparent as possible with our service. Questions about our network back-end or monitoring system? Don't be afraid to ask!

Comments

• Feels like WHT post.. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

You need to remove packages from the post that are priced above $7/month; and would be nice if you mentioned right in the post how much each of the remaining ones costs (well I guess the main reason that you didn't in the first place, is just to try hiding that you're violating the rules).

• I'm sure I've heard of this company before somewhere...

• KihiKihi Member

@rm_ said:
    You need to remove packages from the post that are priced above $7/month; and would be nice if you mentioned right in the post how much each of the remaining ones costs (well I guess the main reason that you didn't in the first place, is just to try hiding that you're violating the rules).

Whoops! I totally forgot about the pricing. I have updated the post.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Kihi said: I have updated the post.

said: KVM 2GB - $6 / Month

2GB costs $8 on the website.

Thanked by 1JustAMacUser
  • shellguardshellguard Member
    edited August 2014

Just got one smallest box. Nice, deployed in seconds.

• shellguardshellguard Member
    edited August 2014

Here some freevps results:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.0.0
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency :  2327.498 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 490 MB
    Total amount of swap : 2079 MB
    System uptime :   8 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 12.0MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 11.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 11.4MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 8.18MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 8.16MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 11.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 3.83MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 9.70MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 9.35MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 11.7MB/s
    I/O speed :  93.9 MB/s

Thanked by 1Kihi
  • Nice offers, only disadvantage about IP addresses allocated to Crissic Jacksonville FL instead Canadian, and probably no ways to re-allocate..

• KihiKihi Member

@fitvpn said:
    Nice offers, only disadvantage about IP addresses allocated to Crissic Jacksonville FL instead Canadian, and probably no ways to re-allocate..

Unfortunately ARIN is taking longer-than-usual to update the geolocation of the IP addresses. We hope that ARIN will update within the next upcoming months.

• Great Offer for KVM picked one up.

Thanked by 1Kihi
  • @Kihi said:
    Unfortunately ARIN is taking longer-than-usual to update the geolocation of the IP addresses. We hope that ARIN will update within the next upcoming months.

GEO isn't controlled by ARIN at that stage. Just takes a few months to propogate out dependent on the specific geo provider. Somewhat surprised it hasn't updated yet.

Thanked by 1Kihi
  • geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited August 2014

Picked one up a few months back: Decent provider, unique location, great value, good attitude.

I recommend

Obligatory anti-paranoia: I have no other relationship with them other than currently being a satisfied customer.

• can I install windows server 2003 on KVM 512MB?

• can you choose yearly and do you have freebsd isos?

• do you support custom windows iso with own license?

• KihiKihi Member
    edited August 2014

@hotsnow said:
    do you support custom windows iso with own license?

@Ruriko said:
    can I install windows server 2003 on KVM 512MB?

Not yet, but soon! We are currently coding a provisioning tool for Microsoft-based OS' for instant deployment. As of right now, only Linux/Unix-based images may be deployed / custom installed.

• @Kihi said:
    Not yet, but soon! We are currently coding a provisioning tool for Microsoft-based OS' for instant deployment. As of right now, only Linux/Unix-based images may be deployed / custom installed.

does it mean even the linux are only support use the template install now, can't support use the iso to install?

• KihiKihi Member

@hotsnow said:

Yes, you can do a custom install, however, we will have to mount the .iso for you. There is no automated way (pre-seed or none) to install it yet via the control panel.

• @Kihi said:
    Not yet, but soon! We are currently coding a provisioning tool for Microsoft-based OS' for instant deployment.

if I order the vps now, when this function complete in future, can I use windows iso with own license at that time?

• I am one of their customers and their service is really good. You can not get such a good service with such a low price elsewhere.

• I hope you can customize as soon as iso I need to install w2k03

• @fitvpn said:
    Nice offers, only disadvantage about IP addresses allocated to Crissic Jacksonville FL instead Canadian, and probably no ways to re-allocate..

It does show as Canadian on IP2Location.com, it doens't on maxmind

Thanked by 1Kihi
  • A non-OVH Canadian host. Hurray!

• canadian?

kindly provide ip or LookingGlass

• KihiKihi Member
    edited August 2014

@vpnarea

You're right! I was using infosniper to find out whether the geo-location has switched yet. But it looks like some websites have already began to switch it over.

@rokok

Looking-glass (as well as IP) is located here

• @Kihi said:
    Not yet, but soon! We are currently coding a provisioning tool for Microsoft-based OS' for instant deployment.

if I order the vps now, when this function complete in future, can I use windows iso with own license at that time?

• KihiKihi Member

@hotsnow said:

I would suggest waiting until we have the feature implemented, as I do not want to 100% promise an ETA for Microsft-based OS' until we have the feature 100% added.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • Here's a benchmark:

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.0.0

Number of cores : 1

CPU frequency : 2327.498 MHz

Total amount of ram : 490 MB

Total amount of swap : 2015 MB

System uptime : 1:26,

Download speed from CacheFly: 49.7MB/s

Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 31.5MB/s

Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 26.1MB/s

Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 2.90MB/s