Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ReverseHosts.com - worst vps provider! STAY AWAY!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ReverseHosts.com - worst vps provider! STAY AWAY!

iqbaliqbal Member
edited August 2014 in Providers

the worst vps provider, i was their customer. i bought this vps yearly package (512 MB memory, 60 GB disk) $12: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/17313/reversehosts-com-12-year-512mb-ram-5-mo-2gb-ram-san-diego-ca-and-atlanta-ga

then they shutdown my vps because they have issue with their host! and i ask refund, but until now, they never refund my money.

my paypal ss:

my billing ss:

my service ss:

ticket support ss:
t1:
t2:
t3:
t4:
t5:

they close the ticket twice without any answer!

Comments

• I was really annoyed when seeing the message: "I've granted you a partial refund for this product." In my English dictionary, "grant" mean you give something and help someone (Oh God, I'm not English native speaker). WTF is granted here when you ask for a refund of a f***ing service? The worst provider, ever. Poor you :(

• I think they refunded you via their credit, then you can use for other services. However, as far as I know, they did send several emails regarding Calihop problem and did also mention that the service should be migrated to their Las Vegas location. I myself did work with them on migration and the VPS after that has been better.

However, IMHO, we should not put any critical things in a $1/m box, and all Low-end boxes must be backed-up.

• @nhocconan, OP insisted on the money being refunded to his Paypal account.

You didn't read his screenshots.

• @nhocconan: i want RH refund to my pp not as credit balance ( i will not buy their service AGAIN!)

here is my home ss at RH client area :

• they moved to another data center , I was waiting for the new vps delivered to me , but heard nothing from them . so I submitted a ticket for a new vps provisioned in their new location . no reply to my ticket for two weeks .

• Actually, I've never had an issue with ReverseHosts. There were a few blips along the way (including the CaliHop incident), but other than that they have been superb for $10/yr.

I had contacted them as soon as I heard about the CaliHop incident, and they enabled Quick Backups on my account. I was able to backup my VPS, and then they even moved it to Las Vegas once the node was setup.

They sent out plenty of notices to users regarding the matter, and were extremely transparent about it here on LET and in tickets.

You bought the VPS in November of last year, and had about 4 months left on the VPS. Which comes to only about $4, I don't think a refund would be fair. Hey, just my two cents.

• While I've not made use of their services myself, their refund policy can be found here.

It looks like you'd originally made payment on 28 Nov 2013, and were refunded in-full on 24 Jul 2014; after using the service for 8 months. At least, they refunded the full amount instead of only roughly $4.00; even if it was as a credit.

• TBH based on OP's description, there must be more worster providers around.

• @GIANT_CRAB @iqbal: I did read screenshots, however I did face some providers that only accept refund as credits and just wonder if RS did the same.

How about tagging @Ihtasham and @Hassan to see if they receive this thread notification.

• @wych said:
    Why did you post this here Jon, surely a PM is more effective?

Jon isn't the only one that does this (get someone's attention via a thread vs a PM). No need to jump on the "Burn the witch" wagon without a suitable reason. If he opens another hiring thread however, then you can light up your torches.

• They even still not reply my ticket,,

• wychwych Member

@GoodHosting said:
    Jon isn't the only one that does this (get someone's attention via a thread vs a PM). No need to jump on the "Burn the witch" wagon without a suitable reason.

I would do it if anyone did it; it doesn't matter that it was Jon.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @wych said:
    I would do it if anyone did it; it doesn't matter that it was Jon.

Fair enough then :).

• Since when did refunds come into paypal under payment's received ? Whenever I've received a refund it's tagged on the original invoice.

• cassacassa Member
    edited August 2014

Sorry guys, still warming up

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @GVH_Jon said:
    On an unrelated note, skybucks100 could you add us to Atlanta in the lowendgeo please? :)

Strange, didn't send me a notification when you @'d me. Anyways, added GVH to Atlanta :)

• opened a ticket to create a new vps since old one is gone and still waiting for a reply 3 days now.
    not to mention a shitload of attempts 3 months ago to get my vps up and running again. it is indeed the worst provider ever!

• I never used them.Anyway it is always good to see reviews before purchasing.I only go for LET top providers like INIZ,VPSdime,Ramnode etc they all have good reviews.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited September 2014

@charos, don't hold your breath.

I had 3 nodes with them and had the "we can give you a partial refund or a node in another location" line, and never heard from them again. The company is in the Low End Thief category... you may get a reply but you're not going to get a refund or a new node.

Thanked by 2charos iqbal
  • @instatech said:
    I never used them.Anyway it is always good to see reviews before purchasing.I only go for LET top providers like INIZ,VPSdime,Ramnode etc they all have good reviews.

I have live sites with Iniz ,but you need a cheap vps once in a while to fool around and try things out. You don't expect stellar performance but at least a decent uptime. If I count the percentage of uptime for the past months with Reverhosts , it would be around 40% !!
    Add the factor of non existing support and you got a nominee of worst provider ever!

• instatechinstatech Member
    edited September 2014

@charos said:

40% :( i can say you are right this is indeed worse uptime and totally unacceptable.Lets hope you get your money back or else try to do credit card charge back if this can work.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2014

I've have the same 512MB $11.99 special purchased on 11/28/13, just like the OP, but I have a slightly different story ...
    For a $11.99 a year I have been happy. The VPS virtually never goes down, and is faster since the move to Vegas. I have had no issues at all since the move. I did send in a timely ticket requesting a move and it was answered quickly and I was switched to Vegas. Since that time flawless.

CPU model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU L5639 @ 2.13GHz
    Number of cores : 6
    CPU frequency : 1066.666 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 512 MB
    Total amount of swap : 512 MB
    System uptime : 57 days, 12:55,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 92.9MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 18.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 54.3MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 18.1MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 7.96MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 27.7MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 12.2MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 65.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 87.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 2.89MB/s
    I/O speed : 58.6 MB/s

Not the fastest VPS I have, but it is steady and works well.
    Other the the move request and a DNS ptr record request after the move, I have not had a ticket this year. Both of these tickets were answered in a timely manner and resolved quickly.

EDIT: My understanding of their refund policy is they refund as account credit.

• Uptime has been ok for us:

18:10:40 up 58 days, 19:59, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• So, people still have running nodes with reversehosts? Very strange for me. I had 3 nodes, 2 went under when their upstream provider disappeared, and then the third one soon followed. 4 or 5 messages in tickets spanning over a month and absolutely nothing back. Hmm.