Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just found an appearance
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I just found an appearance

sly20000505sly20000505 Member
edited August 2014 in General

The good providers(INSPITEOF cheap or expensive) like Linode/Vultr(They are expensive)/GoodHosting/MyCustomHosting(They are cheap) are rarely been noticed

The cheap and BAD providers like ChicagoVPS are VERY OFTEN been noticed

why?

Comments

• Why not?

• @upfreak said:
    Why not?

why not not?

• Because Linode/DO/whoever slightly premium provider's support staff don't act like babies. If they have issues, they are handled well and communicated and as such there's little need for people to complain on LET.

People here love to hate CVPS and GVH and maybe their support isn't as good? But people just love to whip up drama with them.

• lewissuelewissue Member
    edited August 2014

I've bought 20 VPS from GVH and found nothing to blame, they all work well and there's no need to ask their support

About your GOOD-PROVIDERS, I think, if the quality worthes the cost it's good

for example, linode is NOT GOOD

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

lewissue said: linode is NOT GOOD

Did they not give you enough free credit for you to abuse?

Thanked by 2Nickk DalekOfSkaro
  • sly20000505sly20000505 Member
    edited August 2014

@matthewvz said:
    Did they not give you enough free credit for you to abuse?

I've got $50 free credit from them

ADDITIONAL: @lewissue I don't think it's good according to your point of view of good even if I got $50 free credit

• @lewissue said:

Why not good? I have a large forum hosting on Linode and they never let me feel disappointed. It only costs me ~$20 a month and is blazing fast and hassle free.

• @lewissue said:
    I've bought 20 VPS from GVH and found nothing to blame, they all work well and there's no need to ask their support

About your GOOD-PROVIDERS, I think, if the quality worthes the cost it's good

Glad to hear it!!!

• RBHRBH Member

Woah... I'm confused. When was GVH allowed back on here? Were they not banned? I need to be active more on the forums :/

• lewissue said: I've bought 20 VPS from GVH and found nothing to blame, they all work well and there's no need to ask their support

Thanked by 1Blanoz
  • @serverian said:

Oh, this pron video, my dog eyes are blind!

• @lewissue said:
    Oh, this pron video, my dog eyes are blind!

我建议你别闹了。
    昨天在隔壁骄傲地宣扬自己钻空子骗积分,今天又来这里说GVH有多好,泥垢

• @msg7086 said:
    昨天在隔壁骄傲地宣扬自己钻空子骗积分,今天又来这里说GVH有多好,泥垢

我见很多卖Linode55的,所以我觉得这种方法肯定不会违规

PS:GVH真有那么不好?除了那次辞职事件,我的GVH用了这么长时间没当机过

• OP's username is the same as my email! I don't believe he's born in 2000

• @lewissue said:
    OP's username is the same as my email! I don't believe he's born in 2000

Your point of view of a good provider is like a baby, I guess you may born in 2000

edited August 2014

@sly20000505 said:
    Your point of view of a good provider is like a baby, I guess you may born in 2000

No! I only need low price, high spec, low offline delay. The service is not important

These 3 points is the spirit of a "low end VPS"

• @lewissue said:
    These 3 points is the spirit of a "low end VPS"

Actually no. The original spirit of a "low end VPS" was low spec and low price.

Thanked by 1MrZodiac
  • msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited August 2014

@lewissue said:
    我见很多卖Linode55的,所以我觉得这种方法肯定不会违规

>

PS:GVH真有那么不好?除了那次辞职事件,我的GVH用了这么长时间没当机过

No. Coupon是一个人只能使用一次,多次使用Coupon属于不当得利,会被ban。

GVH的问题在于他们的信誉。不当机不表明网络不会断,不表明support没有问题,不表明当你稍微使用超过一点点资源的时候他们不会ban你的号。

成本是固定的,他的服务器成本$200,一台机器卖你$2,你觉得他得卖出多少机器才能赚钱?只要你稍微多使用一些资源,就会想尽办法删除你的账号。

Translation:

Multi account with coupon violate the rules.

GVH has unpredictable actions and may terminate your account when you use resources more than how much the price indicates.

edited August 2014

@msg7086 said:
    GVH has unpredictable actions and may terminate your account when you use resources more than how much the price indicates.

好吧,那就算了吧。

不过我用GVH是在挂网赚,这其实有一个高PV的站那么耗资源,几个月他都没ban,说明还是很不错的

OK, then I will stop that= =

But I use GVH for botting, that's in fact a bit resource-intensive, like a high-PV site hosting, and he didn't ban me since I bought GVH several monthes ago, so it's not so bad

• @lewissue said:
    But I use GVH for botting, that's in fact a bit resource-intensive, like a high-PV site hosting, and he didn't ban me since I bought GVH several monthes ago, so it's not so bad

Bots are usually considered as one kind of spamming.

(Have you ever thought about why they'll pay you when you run the bots?)

With large traffic site hosting I'm not sure how they'll act. But TBH I dare not put such a site on GVH. Not even DO or vultr. At least Linode or a Dedi.

• @msg7086 said:
    With large traffic site hosting I'm not sure how they'll act. But TBH I dare not put such a site on GVH. Not even DO or vultr. At least Linode or a Dedi.

I read the TOS this kind of botting is not forbidden

• did you really just make ANOTHER GVH thread to complain about GVH being too popular because of so many GVH threads?

• You guys have no idea how much I enjoy our Alexa ranking: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/greenvaluehost.com

• @GVH_Jon said:

Ask anyone, Alexa is flawed.

• @skybucks100 said:
    Ask anyone, Alexa is flawed.

Let the guy be happy once.

• matthewvz said: Did they not give you enough free credit for you to abuse?

Touchè