Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crissic - Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Crissic - Review

davidsdavids Member
edited August 2014 in Reviews

I've decided, after my last experience, to keep a log of my low end provider experience. After my troubles with WeLoveServers, I decided to give Crissic a try. Even though it affects me in no way whatsoever, the idea of my data in a building that can survive a hurricane, patrolled by federal law enforcement and dogs amuses me.

Also, the reviews were good.

I use the VPS for some minor Wordpress development and a few persistent services that serve me. the 256mb SSD VPS is more than enough for that. Might spring for the 512mb to reduce swapping.

So, far no problems. Provisioning was quick. Got an announcement about IPV6 from them shortly after. Turned in out, figuring...what the heck. Now I'm IPV6 enabled. Although my home isn't, so...not much use yet.

We'll see how reliability is over time.

Thanked by 1mikho

Comments

• I have a Crissic VPS coming up for renewal, I'll definitely be keeping it. Support is good and Ive only had 2mins of downtime in 11 months.

• DennisDDennisD Member
    edited August 2014

I really like Crissic. Their support is top notch and the servers are solid. Using my server for Node.js development, an IRC bot and hosting a website. Haven't had any downtime or problems so far. I just wish they would expand their services to Europe, but that will probably never happen. Oh, I don't like the TOS a lot though, they don't allow me to host a simple gaming server for a couple friends of mine.

• I really like the support from @SkylarM. The response time average is about 10 seconds, and the content is useful

• Thanks all :) Always appreciate it when customers drop some feedback and reviews :)

West coast soon(TM)

• BradBrad Member

It feels like live chat when I'm talking to Skylar in a ticket.

• cassa said: The response time average is about 10 seconds

Impressive!

• I have most of my production websites with Crissic. They are simply superb and affordable. Looking forward to the west coast locations!

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • cassa said: The response time average is about 10 seconds

>

I once had a VPS with Crissic. SkylarM responded to my ticket(s) in a professional and courteous way, and my issue was resolved within minutes. Impressive indeed.

• @Brad said:
    It feels like live chat when I'm talking to Skylar in a ticket.

Same here. I wonder how he can manage to reply while fixing issues in real time!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Crissic didn't terminate me when I accidentally typed Bing into outlook instead of chrome.

• dnomdnom Member

+1 for Crissic
    Solid service, very good support and excellent pricing.

SkylarM said: West coast soon(TM)

• @SkylarM said:
    Thanks all :) Always appreciate it when customers drop some feedback and reviews :)

West coast soon(TM)

EU location!:P

• @trexos said:
    EU location!:P

Yeah that won't happen :P

• orakorak Member

@SkylarM said:
    Yeah that won't happen :P

Why not? :(

• @orak said:

Logistics behind owned gear in another country mostly. We don't want to rent HW.

• orakorak Member

@SkylarM said:

Shame. A partner in Europe perhaps?

Thanked by 1akaemu
  • I'm not the only one that wants Crissic in Europe. :D Maybe partner up with someone in Europe indeed.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @SkylarM said:
    Logistics behind owned gear in another country mostly. We don't want to rent HW.

I know someone who does cheap but good colocation in SmartDC located in NL. You can also get RTO if you want.

Thanked by 1Droid