Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will the Kimsufi deal with the data in the disk before upgrade?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How will the Kimsufi deal with the data in the disk before upgrade?

8QE8QE Member
edited August 2014 in General

Kimsufi will upgrade the Servers' HDD to the 2TB.

I am interested in how will them traffic the data on the old disk?

Will KS-1 upgrade to 2TB?

Comments

• Only new orders will get a 2tb disk i'm guessing.

Thanked by 3rm_ 8QE tux
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

There is no "guessing" here, OVH never ever upgrades hardware of the servers in a customer's hands. There isn't even any method for you to request a changeover or swap your server etc. If you want new specs, you cancel your current server and order a new one.

Thanked by 38QE marrco tux
  • wait, they're upgrading their plans? isn't this what they were complaining about months ago? people letting their servers expire and repurchasing to get newer hardware (leaving OVH with a load of old unusable hardware)

edited August 2014

hostnoob said: wait, they're upgrading their plans? isn't this what they were complaining about months ago? people letting their servers expire and repurchasing to get newer hardware (leaving OVH with a load of old unusable hardware)

Now they got a setup fee on everything, so that's no longer a problem. If you want to waste your previous setup fee and pay another one on a new server, it's your call.

Thanked by 2Dylan Floris
  • I know I won't be upgrading my KS1 (if they do upgrade it), as having the N2800 outweighs 2tb disk.

• @linuxthefish said:
    I know I won't be upgrading my KS1 (if they do upgrade it), as having the N2800 outweighs 2tb disk.

Paying 2.99 per month also helps xD

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I'm confused -- all new Kimsufi orders will now have double HDD space?

• @Sylmae said:
    I'm confused -- all new Kimsufi orders will now have double HDD space?

No, depends on your luck. You might get a new disk or a recycled one depending on their stock.

• marrcomarrco Member
    edited August 2014

sc754 said: Paying 2.99 per month also helps xD

even more if you got it with a ovh account, so you have all pro options too, like firewall and permanent mitigation available in control panel. I just renewed mine till aug 2016, just to be sure they won't change their price at renewal.

Pity i bought only one. But i still remember many guys on let discussing IF that was a good offer or not. And many decided not to buy it at 2,99, even when a three months contract with no setup fee was available. And no luck needed, everyone was getting a N2800 with a brand new HD.

[edit: corrected a small typo]

• @marrco said:
    Pity i bought only one. But i still remember many guys on let discussing IF that was a good offer or not. And many decided not to buy it at 2,99, even when a three months contract with no setup fee was available. And no luck needed, everyone was getting a N2800 with a brand new HD.

I only saw that after they sold out :(

marrco said: Pity i bought only one. But i still remember many guys on let discussing IF that was a good offer or not. And many decided not to buy it at 2,99, even when a three months contract with no setup fee was available. And no luck needed, everyone was getting a N2800 with a brand new HD.

However it was only for the EU, and I believe the the 2.99 price is w/o VAT.

marrco said: permanent migration available

It's mitigation, people, seriously, "migration" is a different word.