Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Required - 1GB RAM 1GB vswap 10-15GB HDD 200-500GB BW 1-2ipv4 at 10-12/year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Required - 1GB RAM 1GB vswap 10-15GB HDD 200-500GB BW 1-2ipv4 at 10-12/year

kkrajkkkrajk Member
edited August 2014 in Requests

The requirement is for a couple of low traffic dynamic sites.

I understand that GVH has an offer that matches this requirement and Chicago vps does a 2GBRam 2GBvswap special for 15.36 /year.

Though I am tempted at these offers, I'll have to pass them aside at this instance (hope they resolve all their issues soon), as I am looking for ultimate stability and decent network speeds as this vps is for production and am not a techie so just need something that just runs without hiccups.

Offloaded Mysql would be a nice bonus (TBH but I am not expecting it at this price)

Location - India/Asia preferred but Europe / US is fine enough

Please don't tell me off if this isnt possible. I have been following LET/LEB for a while now and the offers here have raised the bar on expectations.

Raj

EDIT - 3 or 4 cores would be great too

EDIT2 - Requests aren't definitive, so add something constructive like an alternative offer or something. But if you still wanna make fun of me for just asking around. Be my guest.

Comments

• wychwych Member

VPSDime did some 512mb yearlies with offloaded MySQL, not sure if the offer code is still valid though.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • They were my first choice too. Mailed them and was told that they don't do custom plans anymore. It was a bit disappointing TBH.

• socialssocials Member
    edited August 2014

Let me get this straight.

You want

• 4 cores
    • 1GB RAM
    • 15GB HDD
    • 500GB BW
    • 2 IPv4
    • Offloaded SQL
    • Ultimate stability
    • FOR $10 YEAR

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Obviously you haven't been here long enough to realize this is absolutely impossible.

And what the hell. You want absolute stability, looking for a VPS for production use and you have only $10 a year for it? Stop being such a cheapskate.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2014

Kindly read the entire post from end to end...
    Asking isnt demanding yet you never know until you ask around
    And preferred doesn't mean definitive.
    And what's wrong in looking for stability at 10 a year. I can cite instances where people have demanded stability on free vps' / hosts

EDIT - And in reality, it is always the nature of the buyer to ask more for less and for the seller to try and sell less for more. The relationship strengthens when both the parties think that the other has given up something to seal the deal

• said: Though I am tempted at these offers, I'll have to pass them aside at this instance (hope they resolve all their issues soon),

Since they can offer you the pricing why not go with them? There is a reason they offer those pricing and if you understand that, i.e. your needs differ - why are you still looking for this?

• Bookmark this thread.

4 cores
    1GB RAM
    15GB HDD
    500GB BW
    2 IPv4
    Offloaded SQL
    Ultimate stability
    FOR $10 YEAR

Lol.

• Op edited with the following

EDIT2 - Requests aren't definitive, so add something constructive like an alternative offer or something. But if you still wanna make fun of me for just asking around. Be my guest.

• socialssocials Member
    edited August 2014

@ez2uk

Asking isnt demanding yet you never know until you ask around And preferred doesn't mean definitive.

I listed a "best case scenario" that you were obviously hoping to get, you wouldn't have mentioned those requirements otherwise.

And what's wrong in looking for stability at 10 a year. I can cite instances where people have demanded stability on free vps' / hosts

Yes, and those people are morons.

Pick one:

• Stable
    • Cheap

Seriously, I don't understand you people. $10 is pretty much the price of a single lunch and you want a powerful VPS for a WHOLE year for that.

• The closest I think you'll get to what you want is something like the latest Crissic promo: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/32539/ssd-openvz-svz256-12-yr-svz512-24-yr-unmetered-inbound-bandwidth-crissic-solutions-llc

OVZ512

RAM - 512MB
    vSwap - 512MB
    CPU Cores - 3
    Hard Disk - 100GB (HDD Raid 10)
    Bandwidth - 2TB / Month
    1 Gbps
    1 IPv4 | 16 IPv6 *Up to 200 IPv6 upon request
    $15 / Year
    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • I know I am gonna be roasted for my choice below but still

I pick "stable and cheap"

@socials
    To be fair to your comment above. I do understand that my expectations are way above the bar but hey it's LET and why not.

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited August 2014

@mikeyur
    Thanks. Saw the offers earlier in the week and was one of the inspirations beside the vpsdime 6GB ram plan to open this thread...

I would be more than happy to trade in the hdd space & Bandwidth for the extra ram & vswap (50GB & 1TB/month way more than enough)

I'll also be open to transfer money to paypal personal account if it saves a it on paypal commissions and helps them even if it is a tiny bit

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

i can do you that for 39.99 on Xen with 512 MB ram

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • ez2uk said: it's LET and why not.

why not 7$ / year

• @drserver... Thanks but way beyond my budget.

@rokok ... Yeah, Why not? :-)

• If a vps is very stable, why would it be cheaply sold while it could have been sold at a higher price?

Let's say a provider is selling vps as stable as linode, but for only one tenth of its price. Now, why don't they sell it at a higher price to make more profits?

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • Different business models my friend. The why's are justified if the "means" justify the vision of the entrepreneur / business owner has for the company

• @ez2uk do you understand that all those pricey hosts exit for a reason. If $10 year 1 GB RAM plans were providing same quality as them then those pricey hosts wouldn't even exist. Quality comes at a price, just remember it. Take all that criticism in a positive way because what they are saying is true. Hardware, support & other administration costs are the factors which don't let any decent provider to offer those specs for the price you want. The best I can suggest you is this:

http://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-classic.xml

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @K2bytes
    Thanks. No offense intended but I am more inclined towards Crissic at this juncture

Thanks to LET and WHT, I've learnt quite a bit (not much) about the costs of hosting businesses and understand that quality comes at a cost. Before I posted this request,I opened a ticket at VPSDIME who said that they dont do custom plans anymore.

The reason of posting here out in the open is to get directed to a hidden gem somewhere like the others who've opened similar kind of threads.

It is like this, you hunt around for something exactly meeting your requirements and if you couldnt get it, you settle for the next best thing.

• BradBrad Member

Just go with GVH/CVPS. You will have very little, if any luck finding an offer that meets your requirements.

But if you do, let us know.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • ndelaespadandelaespada Member, Host Rep

Owned-Networks' 512mb yearly for $13:

OVZ 512MB Yearly:

512MB Guaranteed RAM

2 vCPUs

50 GB HD Space (Raid 10)

1 IPv4 & 4+ IPv6 Addresses*

1TB Traffic

SolusVM Control Panel

OpenVZ

TUN/TAP/VPN Supported

1Gbps Port

$13/yr

Order link: https://www.owned-networks.net/client_area/cart.php?a=add&pid=101

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited August 2014

Raise your budget $10 dollars more, there's a 1GB RAM deal VMBox did with 2 IPv4 addresses, for $20/year.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • LexLex Member
    edited August 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    Raise your budget $10 dollars more, there's a 1GB RAM deal VMBox did with 2 IPv4 addresses, for $20/year.

Any link to that ? :) Thanks.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

With those specs you will not find something extremely stable and sure long-lived. But for a little more money or less specs, you can try those providers:

Hostnun - 1GB mem

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/25873/host-nun-five-deadly-sins-sale-5-gb-ram-for-5-55#latest

Crissic 512MB mem, 2TB traffic

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/30821/ovz256-10-yr-ovz512-15-yr-kvm512-30-yr-unmetered-inbound-bandwidth-crissic-solutions-llc#latest

GINERNET 9.99 €/year SSD

Offer is here: lowendtalk.com/discussion/28993/ginernet-9-99-year-ssd-openvz-spain-mad2-5-gb-ssd-512-mb-ram

But stock is over, you may ask them nicely if they can restock one for you

Filemedia.de

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/30791/de-vps-hosting-snapshots-private-network-iso-boot-75-discount-starts-at-10-47-y#latest

I know that those are lower than your request, but, don't jusge just by specs. A vps in an overselled node with 6GB ram and 6 vcpu can be much worse than a 512box with just 1 core access in a reputable and stable provider.

All those boxes have been tested by me (I use them) and are very good, expecially for their prices. Those prices are in your range and I believe that will be more than enough for 2-3 low traffix dynamic sites (cms joomla, wp or droopal, or whatever).

If I had to chose, I would go with Crissic (I host in that box a medium traffic of 2.5K visitors per day joomla sport site) or with filemedia (In their 10.47€ box I host there a mail server)

Thanked by 3HostNun jmginer kkrajk
  • @matrixismyname said:
    Any link to that ? :) Thanks.

https://my.vmbox.co/cart.php?a=add&pid=65

Promo code: YYNISQ1W7J

Thanked by 2Lex kkrajk
  • $7/year anyone?

• said: Location - India/Asia preferred but Europe / US is fine enough

Can In Asia (Including India), some one will provide me 1 or 2 extra IPv4 @ this Price. I doubt you will consider IPv6 only plan.

Raj we all know the present status of how high cost internet is still in here, with some exception. maybe a yr later we could have something good for price-service.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • At that price, the Host Nun or Crissic offers above are probably the closest you're going to get at this time. I have a Host Nun plan for 3 months so far, uptime is solid, friendly support.

XVM Labs also has a 9.87 USD/yr plan that meets most of the specs except for the bw and cores (300 GB bw), you can order a few more ipv4 for less than 1 USD. They're out of stock at the moment, maybe check with @dcc and see if he can do anything for you.

Thanked by 2HostNun kkrajk
  • jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited August 2014

We deployed some brand new nodes in Los Angeles.

If you are willing to give us a try despite issues that have happened in the past, I am willing to give you a 1 month trial with absolutely no obligation to purchase. If you are unhappy for any reason after that 1 month trial then we will pay for a VPS at another hosting provider up to $10.

Please send me a PM if you would like to accept this offer.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@GVH_Jon said:
    We deployed some brand new nodes in Los Angeles.

If you are willing to give us a try despite issues that have happened in the past, I am willing to give you a 1 month trial with absolutely no obligation to purchase. If you are unhappy for any reason after that 1 month trial then we will pay for a VPS at another hosting provider up to $10.

Please send me a PM if you would like to accept this offer.

wow

what an offer, i guess i could float a thread for a dedi and get this response from GVH

Thanked by 1kkrajk
This discussion has been closed.