Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode Review (Must Read)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode Review (Must Read)

click4easyclick4easy Member
edited August 2014 in General

Hello everyone.

After many months, i'm forced to leave Ramnode since they aren't a fully managed provider.

Their customer support and service brings me to present this review before you.
I give them a 11/10 for their service. It's fantastic and awesome. Their One line support is always straight to the point.

Ramnode is very loyal towards clients, so they allow us to use their coupons/offers even for our existing services. They show no partiality, whether you are new or old,big or small, you get Superb pricing and support.

Recently, they have made better plans & pricing and upgraded all the existing clients to their new pricing and specs. Now NO coupons, you get the best possible price. I bet even hosting giants like softlayer, liquidweb...etc would even dare to do that.

I always get excited, curios and enthusiastic when reading something about Ramnode(A company started in 2012 and outgrown to the no:1 ssd vps hosting).

All the appreciation goes to @Nick_A for his super-efficient management. I remember he said they serve their huge client base just by 4 support techs.

I know how much pressure, stress, sleepless nights, efforts Nick has put into RamNode to make it a huge success. Even now, you can mail him directly whether you are on a 128mb vps or 4gb one to [email protected]. He had never ignored a bargaining client or closed tickets. I still remember my unreasonable quote i've asked for, and there was an answer. I still don't completely know what you are doing backstage to deliver this excellent product. So, i don't have any more words to appreciate you.

I'm not a just a client of ramnode. I'm a FAN of RAMNODE

Thank you Nick for making SSD vps affordable to everyone. You really ROCK !

They are so reliable, that if had to start a vps company, i would host my main website on a ramnode vps.

Summing up everything : Ramnode. An Intelligent, Responsible and Awesome VPS Company.

Long Live RAMNODE !

Comments

• orakorak Member

Damn now I don't know whether I should go for RamNode or BuyVM :s

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Wow, thank you @click4easy... That's quite a glowing review. I'm sorry to see you go though. Perhaps someday we'll be able to offer full management, but it's not quite feasible right now.

• @click4easy said:
    Hello everyone.

After many months, i'm forced to leave Ramnode since they aren't a fully managed provider.

Their customer support and service brings me to present this review before you.
    I give them a 11/10 for their service. It's fantastic and awesome. Their One line support is always straight to the point.

Ramnode is very loyal towards clients, so they allow us to use their coupons/offers even for our existing services. They show no partiality, whether you are new or old,big or small, you get Superb pricing and support.

Recently, they have made better plans & pricing and upgraded all the existing clients to their new pricing and specs. Now NO coupons, you get the best possible price. I bet even hosting giants like softlayer, liquidweb...etc would even dare to do that.

I always get excited, curios and enthusiastic when reading something about Ramnode(A company started in 2012 and outgrown to the no:1 ssd vps hosting).

All the appreciation goes to Nick_A for his super-efficient management. I remember he said they serve their huge client base just by 4 support techs.

I know how much pressure, stress, sleepless nights, efforts, you've put into RamNode to make it a huge success. Even now, you can mail him directly whether you are on a 128mb vps or 4gb one to [email protected]. He had never ignored a bargaining client or closed tickets. I still remember my unreasonable quote i've asked for, and there was an answer. I still don't completely know what you are doing backstage to deliver this excellent product. So, i don't have any more words to appreciate you.

Thank you Nick for making SSD vps affordable to everyone. You really ROCK !

Summing up everything : Ramnode. An Intelligent, Responsible and Awesome VPS Company.

Long Live RAMNODE !

Thanked by 1orak
  • click4easyclick4easy Member
    edited August 2014

@Nick_A said:
    Wow, thank you click4easy... That's quite a glowing review. I'm sorry to see you go though. Perhaps someday we'll be able to offer full management, but it's not quite feasible right now.

I read http://blog.serverbear.com/interview/ramnode/ this a number of times. I look forward to hear more of these from you.

I also have a trace of how ramnode has started. Spencer told me that you owned your hardware outright from the begining.

I even remember all the support ticket replies from you starting from the day 1 to day end. I don't know why, but, this is very strange that i've been so passionate about a vps company.

Realy, i'm not just a ramnode client. I'm a FAN of Ramnode :)

• Just wondering, why Ramnode so much popular US based provider? Probably a good support team make advertising very well and increase sales..

• click4easyclick4easy Member
    edited August 2014

@fitvpn said:
    Just wondering, why Ramnode so much popular US based provider?

Because they are so reliable, that if had to start a vps company, i would host my main website on ramnode vps

• @fitvpn said:
    Just wondering, why Ramnode so much popular US based provider? Probably a good support team make advertising very well and increase sales..

Good prices, good performance, good support (from what I've read on LET, I've never had to use it yet), reliable, owner doesn't act like an immature idiot

• Seems not everyone happy..feels like a questionable positive reviews around :) Perfect made advertising campaign..

• edited August 2014

@fitvpn said:
    Seems not everyone happy..feels like a questionable positive reviews around :) Perfect made advertising campaign..

You have been a member of this board for a year and a half and actually think that RamNode will try pull off a thing like that...hilarious.

RamNode is the best VPS providers around. Period.

• @fitvpn said:
    Seems not everyone happy..feels like a questionable positive reviews around :) Perfect made advertising campaign..

RamNode has excellent reviews because @Nick_A provides an excellent service. Period. End of story.

I thought @fitvpn was being sarcastic... oh well.

Thanks guys!

Thanked by 1perennate
  • hicohico Member

in terms of value-added services they maintain the network well, excellent I/O. Rolling out SSD for the masses was a stroke of genius, wish they'd add LAX for faster connectivity to Asia. The SEA location is still 50ms slower than LAX-based providers.

However, they rescinded the backups service which was a nice kicker.

As of July 12, 2014, RamNode no longer takes backups of client VPS data. We highly recommend that clients keep remote backups on their own. Data loss is always possible with any computer storage system. Clients are responsible for their own data.

They generally reply quickly to tickets, often even in the night SEA time.

We plan on reinstating backups soon once SolusVM finishes their forthcoming updates. We're hoping to make it more flexible going forward as well.

• @orak said:
    Damn now I don't know whether I should go for RamNode or BuyVM :s

Why not both?

• edited August 2014

@mikeyur said:
    Why not both?

Are you serious, asking this person to spend twice the needed amount?!

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

globalRegisters said: Are you serious, asking this person to spend twice the needed amount?!

Sometimes you have to try it for yourself! Besides, the money would be well spent on both.

• @globalRegisters said: Are you serious, asking this person to spend twice the needed amount?!

You're the least fun person on LET tonight, why so serious?

@perennate said: Sometimes you have to try it for yourself! Besides, the money would be well spent on both.

Exactly my point. Both are awesome providers, money well spent with either (or both).

Thanked by 1orak