Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr and do you recommend ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr and do you recommend ?

I have heard about Vultr a lot. Any recommendation or feedback about their service ?

Recommendation:
  1. Should i use Vultr ?80 votes
    1. Yes
      66.25%
    2. No
      33.75%

Comments

• I only use it ocassionally to deploy a Windows VPS for testing stuff but it's cool. the control panel is great, it's easy to install custom OSes, deployment is quick, and both performance and network speeds are good.

I've never had a VPS running for a long time so I don't know about uptime but I've heard mostly good stuff about them.

• @hostnoob said:
    I only use it occasionally to deploy a Windows VPS for testing stuff but it's cool. the control panel is great, it's easy to install custom OSes, deployment is quick, and both performance and network speeds are good.

I've never had a VPS running for a long time so I don't know about uptime but I've heard mostly good stuff about them.

Thank you for sharing your experience. As you said performance and network speed is good then it will be ok i guess. But can you say about first pack CPU Ghz and about its performance ??

• I have production sites running on them since last few months.. didn't face any issue.. i will highly recommend them

• Their servers are good but their support sucks.

• Yes. But I never use it, but also never heard someone complaining about it.

• So long as you're not deploying in their AU location (Sydney outbound traffic constantly cuts off and stops working for hours on end) or expecting any SLA (pretty much a "fuck you, we can turn it off whenever we like since we don't have an agreement for SLA yet"), you should be fine :)

• redoredo Member

If you care about them sooner, you should get $100 for $100. Pity that that promotion ended a few days ago. Very happy with 2 production servers in Japan location.

• I can recommend them. The server performance is great. I just create VM when I need to test something and every time the experience is good. I currently use them for snapshot and ready to use node when the my dedicated servers face some problems.

• I got about 7 IRC nodes with them, all in production mode and I'm very satisfied with their services. There's been quite a lot of maintenance lately, though - particularly their London and Amsterdam (that was DDOs, though) locations.

I recommend their services :)

• tr1cky said: their support sucks.

Felt like dealing with a summerhost in 3rd world country.

• Yes, I deposited $100 in my account to take advantage of their double credit offer. I have a KVM vps in Tokyo and it works great. The only issue is that it still isn't geoip located to Tokyo. It says it's in New Jersey.

Uptime is 30 days (from when I started using it). Getting provisioned new instances is really quick too, for experimenting with different OS's.

• Better than Linode? Maybe my $5 or so is enough to test

• I have a node running with them (in Amsterdam) all the time for development work. That node has been running for about half a year now and I did not encounter any problems yet. Network speed has been very good, uptime a 100% and spinning up new nodes to test different OSes has been easy and fast.

I use that node mainly for software development and for that the processor speed is the most important factor for me. My programs run about 2x as fast on the VULTR nodes compared to the other VPSes I've got in the same price range.

I only use the Amsterdam nodes on a regular basis, so I can not comment on the other locations. But, yes, I can recommend them.

• Linode comes with a superior support. I mean, superior!

With vultr you can expect professional servers but the support is not guaranteed.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • redoredo Member

msg7086 said: Linode comes with a superior support. I mean, superior!

Totally agree!

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I'm using a server in Japan without any problems. Highly recommend!

• @0xdragon said:
    So long as you're not deploying in their AU location (Sydney outbound traffic constantly cuts off and stops working for hours on end)

Are you still experiencing that? We had issues with internode and switched providers and haven't had a complaint since.

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2014

Vultr is good for production use and I keep my backup mail server snapshot with them. I've also had good support ticket replies from Sean M. and Michael W.

Nothing can come close to beating Linode's network speeds and support though, even if their CPU is kinda crap.

• @DaveA said:
    Are you still experiencing that? We had issues with internode and switched providers and haven't had a complaint since.

It still happens occasionally for 40-ish minutes at a time.

• > @0xdragon said:

It still happens occasionally for 40-ish minutes at a time.

Australia for August since we changed the networking around:

• @DaveA said:
    > 0xdragon said:

Yeah it has gotten a lot better, I remember constantly being kicked off SSH...

• udkudk Member

I use for production (in NJ) and nothing comes close for performance, uptime and features within the same budget. Support has also been helpful the few times I have contacted them (months ago.)

• ztecztec Member

For Production in The Netherlands.

Ramnode or Vultr?

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited August 2014

Expect them to help you with nothing:

I tracert other IPs from them the same time and they also had packet loss.

If you're serious about support go with Linode, I will switch a production site soon.

• @DaveA , is still 100$ reward valid ?

• @obakfahad I don't think the 100 offer is still there (no longer on website after redesign).

In relation to their service, they have been awesome... have had an issue of two but they were quickly resolved.. even on sundays I usually get a response within 10 minutes....

with cpu and bandwidth, they blow their 'competition' out of the water and I can't recall any downtime whatsoever.

ps. I use the NJ/NY Location so i can't speak for any of the others

Thanked by 1obakfahad
  • Do they still block outgoing Mail?

• I have several vultr instances in several locations online since months and absolutely no reason to complain. Fast CPU, good disk I/O, hasslefree network. But I agree that support is sometimes a bit "harsh".

• @Jeffrey said:
    Do they still block outgoing Mail?

Submit a ticket and they will remove, at least in my experience.