Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost AC/DC Adapters suck
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lost AC/DC Adapters suck

Well, I didn't lose it exactly, just left it somewhere that's a pain to get to. So I haven't made much HW progress. git.jacobgadikian.com is up, though I can't say it's hosting anything right this second. That's progress, though.

Here's some other progress for folks in places that haven't quite realized how much human goodness the net can engender:

https://github.com/jlund/streisand

This here ansible-dealie will drastically reduce your setup time for a top-class buster of walls of all stripe.

Later!
-Jake

Should I keep doing posts like this?
  1. Should I keep doing posts like this?21 votes
    1. Yes
        9.52%
    2. No
      90.48%
  2. What do you think of Ms. Streisand.... er... babs er... whomever21 votes
    1. Awesome cause I live somewhere that hasn't quite gotten it yet
      23.81%
    2. Bad
      76.19%

Comments

• THUNDERSTRUCK

• Yeah, that's about how I felt.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I have "found" adapters, a big box of them, some 20 Kg. When someone loses one, they know where to come, I have 9v, 12v, 7.5, 5, 19, variable ones 3-12 usually, all kinds of usb ones, from mobile phones and tablets to bt keyboard and headphone rechargers, Also, variable jacks and adapter from slim to thick, from 0.3 to 2 A. I really dont know what I have there, except that I might have what someone needs.
    When something breaks, I keep the adapter, people bring the devices to me to attempt repair, if that is too expensive or impractical, they leave it here.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Thanked by 2netomx Pwner
  • Yes, having lost an adapter "sucks", however if it's a power adapter for something important (i.e., laptop that you normally use all day, etc.), then you should probably have more than one adapter anyway. For example, whenever I get a new laptop, I generally buy at least 2 extra power adapters assuming I don't have extras. With 3 adapters, I can leave plugged in at home and at work, and then leave one in my bag that normally doesn't get used. This way, if one of the two that I normally use breaks or gets lost somehow, then I have an extra, and additionally if the one in my bag breaks, normally it's fine as I have an extra one at home and work anyway. Lastly, if I'm going on a trip then I'll take two adapters with me.

TL;DR; Always have an extra, especially if it's something important.