Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weird Routing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Weird Routing

I have a vps with urpad... did a visual trace route from both my wifi connection and cell 4g. They just look weird to me, and I wonder if it is some of the slowness i've had. I am located in central PA, and my server is in "dallas". I say "dallas" because that is where I was told it was located, but the geoip is Cypress, TX.

From my wifi:
imgur.com/T5qFkKD

From 4g:
imgur.com/8wHPs9n

Both have some triangular effects going on, but the 4g one even goes to from San Fran to Seattle and back to San Fran.

Is this normal? Weird? Not good?

IP is 209.148.81.247 if anyone else wants to try a trace.

Comments

• Most GeoIP data I have seen is largely worthless.

It would be much more useful to post the actual output of the traceroute command.

Thanked by 1UltranetUSA
  • I find that nearly all cell traffic is not routed optimally. As far as traceroutes go, from Denver, Its going Denver, Dallas, Austin, Dallas. From the Netherlands, its Amsterdam, Washington DC, Ohio, Austin, Dallas, granted all this is if the GeoIP is correct.