Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor and VMs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor and VMs

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Do you guys have the same issue or its only me! Since we use virtualizor and if there is any update in node which we need to reboot the node VMs created in it should standy there should only network take affect like solusvm have. So if we reboot the node all the VMs in it are rebooted aswell. And every windows vm are not detecting NIC card because for every node reboot the dhcp.conf is empty!
Tried to asked them, their support are ok, but not so far. After a conversation via skype hereby is their replies:
[14:37:36] Virtualizor Team: Some of the VMs suspends and some restarts the VPS
[14:37:56] Virtualizor Team: it depends upon the configuration and how kernel operates

Anyone familiar with virtualizor?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@virtualizor

Not sure I fully understand your question but it sounds like they are saying it is a problem with your node config, but I do remember @drserver saying something about dhcp.conf with virtualizor maybe he can comment.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Strange, the node from ovh get every 2 days offline but its pingable, so only hard reboot bring the server up. After hard reboot i got dhcp.conf empty, and the VMs restarts too instead of standby...
    If there is someone familiar with virtualizor etc please let me know.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

you are having issues with dhcp server. problem is with timing, vms are started before dhcp. i have posted your question to alons, he will reply you shortly with fix

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • The vm network bug was solved in 2.4.9. Can you check :
    chkconfig --list | grep dhcp

Post the output here.

edited August 2014

done.

• please post the output here sir

• As discussed on skype, it looks like your issue is resolved.

@virtualizor said:
    As discussed on skype, it looks like your issue is resolved.

Yeah, thank you.