Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you share experience with WholeSaleInternet?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Can you share experience with WholeSaleInternet?

I intend to grab one of their storage server for owncloud. Just want to ask if anyone can share experience with their service. For example: their network (100mbps can be bursted?, their support, etc). Thanks.

Comments

• Not bad, but not great. If you have a server with a gigabit NIC, inbound bandwidth will be burstable but outbound will be locked.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • Support response within 1 hour top which is good. Aaron is very helpful.

Network is not bad, not asia optimised though but acceptable.

Cannot complaint about pricing, every competitive.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • Support is good response times in under 5 minutes. Network is pretty good. Not had any issues with hardware overall would say they provide a good service.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • bohdansbohdans Member
    edited August 2014

I had a dedi a little while ago, can't fault the service (esp Aaron) and pricing. Server was a "bargain bin" P4. Network speeds are better than what you pay for, but could be better as others pointed out, but then you would have to pay more and this is LET.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • Thank you all for sharing experience. I just need it for own backup but as the node will need to communicate other servers quite frequently so if network is stable it is ok for me.
    I will purchase one from them :-)

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2014

Only issue you may ever face is network speed, otherwise very good.

Thanked by 1nhocconan
  • @Saahib said:
    Only issue you may ever face is network speed, otherwise very good.

Can you clarify a little bit? For example, if the storage server has 100mbps, can the upload speed is at 100mbps? I had good experience with Kimsufi regarding upload speed, so just wonder if WSI can have similar uplink.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Well, I would say there uplink is sometimes saturated..