Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't know how to describe my feeling now, a little sad story, am I wrong?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I don't know how to describe my feeling now, a little sad story, am I wrong?

hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
edited July 2014 in General

Here we start:

GMT+8 2014/07/29 0:07
When I was in bed checking my mobile, I got an email from uptimerobot said one of my vpses is offline.

Hi,

The monitor * (108.166..) is currently DOWN (Host Is Unreachable).

Uptime Robot will alert you when it is back up.

Cheers,

I checked it after get up, VPS was suspended because of unpaid, I was confused, there was no invoice mail in my mailbox, so I send a ticket to the provider--I'll call them [S] in the the remaining part of the story.

(It won't have any problem if [S] make invoice 7 days before period like other providers, sadly invoice GENERATE ON: 26, and the DUE DATE is 27. It won't have any problem if I received Invoice Created mail or Unpaid reminder mail, sadly I didn't receive any of them. )

After I submit this ticket, I got the reminder mail again. Yeah it's working again like it should be.

Later I sumit a new ticket to their billing apartment as request.

I showed screenshots from my side, no email, no delete records, not in the trash.
[S] looks like just want to close the ticket if I don't clear the invoice, so I paid the invoice.
[S] don't use a third part mail solution, so [S] should have a mail log.
But [S] said they could not show the log after I paid, then my vps was deleted after that, not even ask me.

I would add second part later. Make popcorn ready, take a poll first

OK, here comes the second part:

I thought I should hide their brand name until I checked the mail history in my account area.
They are so dishonest, lie on my face.

Once I was bidding a wordpress project on freelancer.com, I saw stylexnetworks are bidding too, they are new freelancer.
Life is not easy, hmm, so I canceled my bid just to reduce competition.

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

Morale of the story? Know when your bills are due and pay them on time, it's really not hard, providers from VPS, utilities, loan companies and so on are not child minders.

Your phone, pc, tablet, desktop, laptop and wife all have built in calendars, use them.

• tortautortau Member

Have to agree with @W1V_Lee. It is your responsibility to pay your bills on time and not expect others to remind you.

• W1V_Lee said: and wife all have built in calendars

Sir, you have just own the Internet for today.

OP: My advice to you is putting a note on your cellphone the due date of the server, every month, it works for me, even on quarterly, it always works and it's better.

Thanked by 2hiphiphip0 netomx
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    Morale of the story? Know when your bills are due and pay them on time, it's really not hard, providers from VPS, utilities, loan companies and so on are not child minders.

Your phone, pc, tablet, desktop, laptop and wife all have built in calendars, use them.

I have too many VPSes, mine and clients', not including domains, email hostings, premium dns hosting etc, just too much.

I use several email accounts as calendar.

And I'm still considering adding the second part of the story, so don't judge too quickly, take a poll first:)

• wychwych Member

and wife all have built in calendars

Haha

Thanked by 2netomx support123
  • @W1V_Lee said:

love the wife bit lol
    and mate why dont you change providers

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FalzoFalzo Member

now go ahead and give the second part, popcorn 's getting cold...

• LeeLee Veteran

hiphiphip0 said: And I'm still considering adding the second part of the story, so don't judge too quickly

If it was relevant it should have been added at the same time, right now it's too late, people have made their mind up.

Instead of playing games with this thread for the only reason that you are sore, go sort yourself out. Having too many of this or that is no excuse, what your saying is you can't cope. I feel sorry for your clients then.

Thanked by 1souen
  • oceanocean Member

Popcorn ready w/ Sylexnetworks
    Correct? :P

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited July 2014

@ocean said:
    Popcorn ready w/ Sylexnetworks
    Correct? :P

Yeah, their VPS is fine last time I checked it, it has been up for 375 days.
    But, a good provider contains lots of parts, hardware is one of them, I like providers who are honest and really care about their clients.

• ReeRee Member

Doesn't matter if you missed the email due to their problem or your problem. Bills have due dates, and it's up to you to pay them on time. If you have too many services to keep track of, then you need to look into automating the payment.

But according to the TOS you posted, you shouldn't have had your data deleted until after 7 days, so I'd definitely be pissed about that.

Thanked by 3Falzo souen hiphiphip0
  • ztecztec Member

I get the situation you're in. It's annoying. They deleted your VPS right away which is a little weird, hope you had backups. These companies exist and of course it's your responsibility to pay on time. Email or not.

They don't seem trustworthy to me. I would move on to another provider. Ramnode & Iniz are very trustworthy. You can trust them with credit on your account.

Of course there are a lot of good providers here but I can speak from experience about those 2.

Good luck and don't get stuck too long on this small conflict.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • FalzoFalzo Member

lol, that smtp error messages are very nice...

but I have to fully agree with @Ree ...

• @W1V_Lee said:
    Instead of playing games with this thread for the only reason that you are sore, go sort yourself out. Having too many of this or that is no excuse, what your saying is you can't cope. I feel sorry for your clients then.

I'm just explain how I handle my emails and why, you have your method, I have mine, thank you for the advice but please consider other people's situation. I'm checking email every day, I tried to use calendar many times, just don't work to make things better.

Thank you again to sorry for my clients, I have 100% good reviews from all my clients, I'm proud of that.

• @ztec said:
    I get the situation you're in. It's annoying. They deleted your VPS right away which is a little weird, hope you had backups. These companies exist and of course it's your ...

Thank you! I'm already using ramnode and INIZ, Nick is really helpful.
    I don't have backups, just write some personal diary on the VPS for two years , so lost data is not too serious.

@Ree,
    I paid this vps invoice for two years, on time. If I missed the invoice myself, I would certainly pay for late fee with no doubt.

I don't use automating payment because of no cc, I use unionpay to pay though paypal.
    And this vps package does not have a yearly plan, as I said, it's a sad story.

• LeeLee Veteran

All I see in the "2nd Part" is a lot of emails back and forth about "did you send me an invoice". So for a $1.48 per month you know when the invoice is due because you are mailing them about it, yet you chose not to pay because you did not get a notification.

And the key here is the $1.48, I always say that you should get the service you pay for regardless of price, by that I mean a decent running VPS with all the disk, cpu and memory stated whilst also being usable. Beyond that, support, efficient billing reminders and most other things are your issue.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • rds100rds100 Member
    edited July 2014

Since your data is already gone / deleted, this VPS probably has no further value to you. Just cancel it and move on with your life.

You lost your data, the provider lost a long time good customer.
    It was a little neglect of your part that made you suffer a data loss. It was stupidity of the provider (or stupidity of their policy) that will cost them lost profits in the future. Fair game.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0
  • @W1V_Lee said:
    All I see in the "2nd Part" is a lot of emails back and forth about "did you send me an invoice". So for a $1.48 per month you know when the invoice is due because you are mailing them about it...

What makes me angry is when I asked whether their email system was working, they didn't even check it (see the 2nd part images, there are smtp error , not sure you noticed there). That's not a professinal attitude.

It's a 128MB VPS, I was not using the VPS for serious project, all my clients' stuff are on linode and ramnode now.

I totally agree with your price part comment, I should move on to higher and better providers, even for none-serious usage. It really much pleasant submitting tickets to ramnode, hostigation, prometeus etc, they do real checks, not perfunctory.

• ztecztec Member

@hiphiphip0 said:

Maybe you can retrieve some of your data with google cache and web archive. I should take action quickly because losing a personal diary might not sting now but it will in the future.

Thanked by 1hiphiphip0