Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a low end Company good for production?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there a low end Company good for production?

Hi everybody, I manage websites for my work and I do it with shared hosting, since 8-9 month I tried to use vps for my projects to learn and now I think that I should use a vps also for my client, I tried many low cost vps since now and I wanna ask you if you should trust for production purpose any of low cost vps that market can offer and if yes, which ones? or I'd better go with a big company?

Comments

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2014

Linode

Ramnode

DigitalOcean

Linode I'd recommend extremely highly! They're awesome, and designed for production, and have been around to prove it.

Thanked by 1cheaptime
  • rds100rds100 Member

I can trust Prometeus for production. A few others too.

Thanked by 2cheaptime mpkossen
  • RazzaRazza Member

i've used a number of different providers over the last few years, the providers i trusted for production is VPSDime,RamNode and Prometeus

Thanked by 1cheaptime
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

EDIS? Though currently only with specials under 7$.

Thanked by 1cheaptime
  • ramnode, prometheus, DO, vultr(perhaps)

Thanked by 1cheaptime
  • soulchiefsoulchief Member
    edited July 2014

The list in my signature are all trustworthy providers :) RamNode and Prometheus are the most popular (I don't have a prometheus VPS though, so I don't have any experience with them)

Thanked by 1cheaptime
  • Edis would be my personal way to go, but maybe just because I haven't really used any other VPS hosting providers, which weren't utter shit.

Thanked by 2cheaptime hostnoob
  • RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

drServer or Prometeus

Thanked by 1cheaptime
  • OVH

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I use RamNode for production. Zero complaints. @Nick_A provides a solid service.

You should check out the quarterly poll results for a list of providers that are popular here.

• I use reliablehostingservices and I have never had an issue

• DO provides some good service, too. Using it to host a mysql-database.

uptime
     14:08:27 up 191 days, 16:06,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05

• usmaanusmaan Member
    edited July 2014

I trust RamNode and Prometeus any day for production websites. Both have excellent uptime and no issues at all so far and i am talking of at least one year of production use with both. Best Web Hosting companies in my view. I have never used shared hosting again after i tasted VPS hosting.

• @Makenai said:
    Edis would be my personal way to go, but maybe just because I haven't really used any other VPS hosting providers, which weren't utter shit.

Yes, EDIS are extremely reliable from my experience with them

• I'd recommend Hostus

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

0xdragon said: Linode I'd recommend extremely highly! They're awesome, and designed for production, and have been around to prove it.

...though Linode is not "low end" if we're using the usual $7/month.

If I was hosting customer sites, I'd want 24x7 support. Linode is sort of that - I'd be more comfortable with Knownhost or WiredTree, but you're into much higher monthly cost there.

• HostUS, yea; hosting a mail server on it, has not been down a single time.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

prometeus + catalyst.

but no matter how good the rep is, try to have some redundancy + backups

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb said:
    backups

What is this??