Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with around 20 IPv4 Ip's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with around 20 IPv4 Ip's

Hi All,
I know this is a BIG ask, but looking for a VPS with a lot of IP's.
Basically I am running a reverse proxy to by-pass geolocations for some sites, as I live in Australia. It is only used by me and a few friends.
The reason for the IP's is the Chromecast does not support SNI :( so now need more IP's than the 4 I am currently using.
I am happy for anything I can get, and happy to "hold" onto some IP's for a while until they are needed.
My budget is quite low :( since its just for personal use.

Comments

• http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/31651/buyvm-net-lots-of-ipv4-free-of-charge-for-chinese/p1

or

wable.com

BTW, how about giving a different port for https?

Thanked by 1ryanarp
  • Yep, BuyVM has a nice offer for this.

• You can try SEO hosting, 50Ip's for $90
    http://www.host1plus.com/seo-hosting/

• What is your budget and what location?

• @pauliakas said:
    You can try SEO hosting, 50Ip's for $90

That's way expensive than what I mentioned, which is either $13 for 16x IP, or $8 for 24x IP.

• Looking for anywhere in the US :)
    I would "like" to be less than $10 a month, but don't think that is possible.

• ChuckChuck Member

Why do they give away IPv4? It doesn't make sense.

• @bohdans said:
    Looking for anywhere in the US :)

>

I would "like" to be less than $10 a month, but don't think that is possible.

TL;DR https://wable.com/

• WOW the BuyVM one is really cheap, never heard of wable though? how are they?

• Also LA would be best for latency it seems after doing some ping tests to different locations. Would this seem right from Australia to US?

• tehdantehdan Member

Save yourself some cash and set up ipv6 tunnels for you and your friends.

• @bohdans said:
    WOW the BuyVM one is really cheap, never heard of wable though? how are they?

Have you heard about incero?

I've been using their service for some 2 months and I'm quite happy with them. If you are not sure, pay $0.5 for the rest of this month and have a try. I have to say that the only problem is not providing console access, but this is not important to you.

Also be sure to also try their Seattle location as well.

• PeroniPeroni Member

@pauliakas said:
    You can try SEO hosting, 50Ip's for $90

Rip off as you can sometimes find dedicated servers + 128 IP's for $89 ;)

• @msg7086 cheapest plan is $199? bit steep for me

• I think wable may be suitable for you. Their services are good :)

• RurikoRuriko Member

do wable give you different subnets?

• msg7086msg7086 Member
    edited July 2014

@bohdans said:
    msg7086 cheapest plan is $199? bit steep for me

Oh, I mean, wable is backed by incero. So if you ever heard of incero or ever read the reviews, you can extend that to wable.

Actually I'm using wable as reverse proxies as well, for Chinese users to cross the wall. This is the uptime on the $0.75/month plan.

$ uptime
     03:57:11 up 30 days,  2:03,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

• @bohdans said:
    Hi All,
    I know this is a BIG ask, but looking for a VPS with a lot of IP's.
    Basically I am running a reverse proxy to by-pass geolocations for some sites, as I live in Australia. It is only used by me and a few friends.
    The reason for the IP's is the Chromecast does not support SNI :( so now need more IP's than the 4 I am currently using.
    I am happy for anything I can get, and happy to "hold" onto some IP's for a while until they are needed.
    My budget is quite low :( since its just for personal use.

I'm doing the same, except i'm ignoring devices that don't do SNI as I don't have the spare cash to pay for the IP space. I am however monitoring this thread as i'd like to get an idea of costs...

Cheers,

• awvnxawvnx Member

Crissic has IP's at $0.50/month. Comparable with price to the buyvm deal. I think those two are the cheapest you'll ever see without buying huge blocks in bulk.

• @Ruriko said:
    do wable give you different subnets?

No, they don't (in most cases).

An account was binded to a single server and thus all VPSes are under the same subnet. Unless you have some friends who can create more account for you.

If you are looking for different subnets, how about linode? They offer extra IP address at $1/mon if you want to add more SSL certs, and they do have some different subnet like, 192.*, 50.*, 173.*, 96.*, and some more.

• @tehdan IPv6 tunnels add alot of latency, same as VPN, using a reverse proxy is much faster.

• @jeromeza wonder if there would be interest in LowEndProxy? Pool our resources and make a community run (ie no/tiny profit margin) service?

• tehdantehdan Member

@bohdans set up the tunnels /on/ the VPS - no (well, insignificant) additional latency. It would work equally well with IPV4 GRE tunnels and private IP space.

• RurikoRuriko Member

so basically> @msg7086 said:

If you are looking for different subnets, how about linode? They offer extra IP address at $1/mon if you want to add more SSL certs, and they do have some different subnet like, 192.*, 50.*, 173.*, 96.*, and some more.

So basically wable gives sequence ip?

• wychwych Member

Wables are in pools, you get assigned a random IP it doesnt cost any extra.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,

We can make you nice deal on Buffalo locations, we have some spare ips there.
    There are some resources free on buff-1 node and there is significant amount of unused ip-s so maybe we can make agreement that suits you.

• @drserver sent you pm

• @Ruriko said:
    So basically wable gives sequence ip?

Randomly assigned. So likely you'll be assigned *.5 then *.232 then *.114 then *.89 etc.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

Wable does give loads of IPs but you can assign a max of 8 per VM. BuyVM's offer is better if you want 20 IPs on one VPS.

• @Dylan said:
    Wable does give loads of IPs but you can assign a max of 8 per VM. BuyVM's offer is better if you want 20 IPs on one VPS.

It should be easy to configure 3 VPS each has 8 IPs.