Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A very honest review of VPSDime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A very honest review of VPSDime

ironhideironhide Member
edited July 2014 in Reviews

Pros

1. Excellent support. There are some knowledgable persons replying your support tickets who knows their stuffs very well.
  2. Sweet sweet offloaded MySQL service. This is something that can make your "heavy" apps fly even in a smaller VPS with 512MB ram ($15/yr). VPSDime offloaded MySQL service runs MariaDB in a gigantic server with 384GB of ram and a couple of SSDs in RAID setup. And it comes for free :) Zip Zilch Nada. This is one of the main reasons I am currently using 3 VPS from them and willing to buy more if required in the future.
  3. Very cooperative. If you're a loyal customer, sometime they will give you extra than you're actually paying for. It feels like that you're in good hands
  4. Idera backup/restore feature that takes backup of your system once everyday, and you can restore from there quite easily. Though I keep my own backup, but it's always handy to know that there are automated backups available :)
  5. Excellent network with fantastic uptime. I barely noticed any downtime to be honest
  6. No over commitment or false promises which they can't provide or deliver. I love their straight forward attitude
  7. They are friendly
  8. Excellent value for money, like 6GB Ram for $7, or 500GB storage for $7 :)

Cons (Not so many)

1. I sometime don't like their auto reboot system when the load goes above 4 for over an hour, or above 2 for more than 2 hours. But it's not that much of a trouble for me either.

I will definitely score them 10/10 for their excellent service, and I know that many of you would do the same as well :)

Thanks

Comments

• Good Review.. all serverian brands are awesome!

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Thanks a lot for the kind words @ironhide. Unfortunately, the load restrictions are necessary since we do not throttle the vCPUs.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I like this sort of review, ::LIKE:: :) gz @serverian

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • If someone post very honest review, I usually expect bad things. But not for @serverian brands.

Kudos.

Thanked by 2ironhide serverian
  • FlorisFloris Member
    edited July 2014

This is how a review is done, and ofc kudos to @serverian for making a amazing brand.

• Good review :).

• Good review, thank you for sharing your experience. I was about to buy one 6GB VPS (for a friend), but they were only taking paypal by the time.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Awesome Review! @serverian is awesome as are his brands!

Thanked by 1serverian
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

what's the UI for offloaded mysql?

• @serverian said:
    Thanks a lot for the kind words ironhide. Unfortunately, the load restrictions are necessary since we do not throttle the vCPUs.

Is there a way you could throttle, instead? I'd greatly prefer an automated throttle on high load, to an automated reboot.

• GunterGunter Member
    edited July 2014

@jcaleb said:
    what's the UI for offloaded mysql?

A mix of WHCMS and phpMyAdmin

Thanked by 2jcaleb ironhide
  • Great review - if only I could get a better route to the LA location, I would be all over it.

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • I want to know when would vpsdime have stock for small plans.

• RBHRBH Member
    edited July 2014

serverian must be making bank!
    Good job for your hard work. It pays off :P

Thanked by 1serverian
  • great review. glad to see you are in good hands :)

their plans are awesome.surely will buy in future,if they accept direct cc payment :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • @DestroyeRCo said:
    Good review, thank you for sharing your experience. I was about to buy one 6GB VPS (for a friend), but they were only taking paypal by the time.

@eversmile_host said:
    great review. glad to see you are in good hands :)

their plans are awesome.surely will buy in future,if they accept direct cc payment :)

We recently started to accept direct Credit/Debit card payments through 2Checkout.

@deadlyllama said:
    Is there a way you could throttle, instead? I'd greatly prefer an automated throttle on high load, to an automated reboot.

This is something we are working on on test servers. OpenVZ is not really great with it but we have seen some progress.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Serverian is doing a great joob, keep it up :)

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Superb.. keep up the good work Serverian.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • serverian said: This is something we are working on on test servers. OpenVZ is not really great with it but we have seen some progress.

That's what ON is for, it can deal with the process limit by utilizing KVM to spread the processes across "instances" that the host has access to (and uses the same ploop/vswap and identical host configuration / kernel.) Just as you brought up to me regarding the OpenVZ plugin.

• CrabCrab Member

Good review and I agree with every word.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • I already got several reboot emails from them but was never rebooted. Does their reboot system work?

• @tr1cky said:
    I already got several reboot emails from them but was never rebooted. Does their reboot system work?

I've disabled the restarts for a while to troubleshoot something then left it like that for a while. Recently (~5 days ago) enabled them back though.

• @serverian said:
    I've disabled the restarts for a while to troubleshoot something then left it like that for a while. Recently (~5 days ago) enabled them back though.

Oh, that's bad, no more plex for me :x

• It's rather refreshing to hear about a company that sticks to it's promises. Thanks for sharing.

• VPSDime is awesome.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • VPSDime support is amazing, all my tickets have been answered within a min. Definitely worth production based application hosting. Never had issue over 4 months now, also the uptime has been incredible smash's my 5 other providers. Keep up the good work

• Any plans to restock the 512MB plan mentioned in this review @serverian?

• @Detruire said:
    Any plans to restock the 512MB plan mentioned in this review serverian?

Unfortunately, not at this time.

• DroidDroid Member
    edited August 2014

Where can I find the 512MB VPS for $15/yr, when back in stock?

• @xClone84 said:
    Where can I find the 512MB VPS for $15/yr?

@Detruire said:
    Any plans to restock the 512MB plan mentioned in this review serverian?

@serverian said:
    Unfortunately, not at this time.

Reading helps...