Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the Islamic State (ISIS, ISIL) on your server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• andrewandrew Member
    edited July 2014

LET going to be a political community ( first Russia-Ukraine then Palestine-Israel discussions and now about ISIS )

I think LET needs to new rules about political issues!

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • KeithKeith Member

It's also a post about what has happened to a server from Lowendtalk.

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • @Keith said:
    It's also a post about what has happened to a server from Lowendtalk.

I skimmed through those articles and didn't see any mention of a specific host. Did I miss a section?

• KeithKeith Member

The specific host has not been mentioned.
    Now it is http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/26936/kimsufi-4-99-euro-dedicated-server/p1

• We'll the mods allowed all the other talk to continue, so now...well, here we go.

• KeithKeith Member

Going to bed so no replies for now.
    However, to try to keep the discussion mostly server related,
    A question for server providers, what would you do if this was happening on your servers, with someone reluctant to remove the accounts? This may be one for Amazon Web Services at the moment.

• n0myn0my Member

True followers of Islam are against Isis terrorism. And I don't think any host should allow gory Isis propagandist sites.

Thanked by 3orak Shoaib_A Noerman
  • WilliamWilliam Member
    edited July 2014

I'm not going to decline a paying customer regardless of his views (if legal; which with ISIS content is questionable at least in the EU). If legal I/We are willing to host anyone.

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 linuxthefish
  • rds100rds100 Member

Well, email marketing spam is legal in some places, but still we are not willing to host it.

• k0nslk0nsl Member

Aren't they (ISIS/ISIL) a US/Israel love child (e.g "creation")? Nobody in his right mind buys into their creations (well...some undoubtedly does)...

@n0my said:
    True followers of Islam are against Isis terrorism. And I don't think any host should allow gory Isis propagandist sites.

• KeithKeith Member

UK also. http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/WOR-isis-was-created-by-intelligence-agencies-of-us-uk-and-israeli-abu-bakr-al-baghd-4690920-NOR.html
    The web page is slow to load.

@k0nsl said:

Aren't they (ISIS/ISIL) a US/Israel love child (e.g "creation")? Nobody in his right mind buys into their creations (well...some undoubtedly does)...

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • zhuanyizhuanyi Member
    edited July 2014

If you have the time and the money, find a lawyer or call the police to bring OVH to court, or call the media to be the whistleblower, otherwise, I don't think OVH will do anything given that they have millions of servers around and they are probably too busy to check what is hosted on each and every single server they have (which is, by the way, way better than some providers who just does vzctl enter for fun).

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • KeithKeith Member
    edited July 2014

@zhuanyi There's nothing for OVH to do, all gone from there.

There are still active accounts on joindiaspora.com, who are using Amazon Web Services.
    As new accounts are not available there, they should be missing out on the gore.

• In my ToS I prohibit the publishing of any content related to Islam and Middle east. So the problem is quickly banned.

• KeithKeith Member

Could be a problem for you if you're living in a country with religious discrimination laws. Not from me.

@webcraft said:
    In my ToS I prohibit the publishing of any content related to Islam and Middle east. So the problem is quickly banned.

• rds100rds100 Member

To solve this the ToS could be changed to forbid the publishing of content related to any religion. This way there is no discrimination.

Religions are unnecessary nowadays.

Thanked by 25n1p Floris
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

Yes, as I always say for myself: "science over superstition and propaganda" :)

@rds100 said:
    Religions are unnecessary nowadays.

Thanked by 1Floris
  • ISIS should start hosting with host nun.

Thanked by 2k0nsl Pwner
  • HostNunHostNun Member
    edited July 2014