Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forwarding Port with SoftEther
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Forwarding Port with SoftEther

doughnetdoughnet Member

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

I have been dabbling with SoftEther and it's pretty easy to use/setup and runs stable (off LEB VPS). My one issue, I need to open a port to have for example a game port be open for public to access. I have not been able to find anything online specific to doing this with SoftEther. Anyone able to shed light or provide a tutorial/instructions on doing this? Much appreciated.

Using L2TP, Windows 7 64bit for client with SoftEther client

Comments

• If you use SecureNAT, you can't do that AFAIK. You should disable SecureNAT and create TAP-interface (L2 "Bridge" without any real interface for bridge) and use iptables to DNAT needed port.

• khinkhin Member

@ValdikSS said:
    If you use SecureNAT, you can't do that AFAIK. You should disable SecureNAT and create TAP-interface (L2 "Bridge" without any real interface for bridge) and use iptables to DNAT needed port.

Hello ValdikSS, do you have an email I can send you a message so you walk me through the steps on how to do that?