Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need adedicated Server from Reliable provider.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need adedicated Server from Reliable provider.

whmsyswhmsys Member
edited July 2014 in General

Hello

I need a dedicated server.

Requirement

• Ram: 32 GB M
  • HD: 2x1TB
  • Xeon 1245v3 or 1230v3 (setup kvm node)
  • Basic Ddos protection
  • IP4 /26 block
  • IPv6
  • port 1gbps 20 TB
  • Location Chicago , LA or other USA state

**Budget : 85- 110 USD **

Please suggest me your offer (i don't like ovh, online.net,WSI, GVH)

Why i need a budget server with lot of ip ?

Want to start a new vps hosting business

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

Summer is here.

• @matthewvz said:
    Summer is here.

Summer love haha

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Better resell from someone. Summer will only be for 2 more months, no point in such big investments.

• blackblack Member

At least he wants a reliable provider and is requesting KVM.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

KVM on Software RAID1? He won't be able to fit 60 VPS on there.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • whmsyswhmsys Member

@shovenose said:

60 vps client in one much better for me. As a startup if i get 50 client then i also be happy. So any good provider ?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@shovenose said:

60 KVM's on SW Raid1 on SATA? HAHA Good luck.

@whmsys said:
    60 vps client in one much better for me. As a startup if i get 50 client then i also be happy. So any good provider ?

I'd recommend QuickPacket.com (@qps) With A L5420/L5520.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2014

@whmsys said:
    60 vps client in one much better for me. As a startup if i get 50 client then i also be >happy. So any good provider ?

There are lots of companies that can give you a server, some better than others, some cheaper than others. I simply took the number 60 because that is approximately how many VPS you can have with a /26 if you give 1 IP per VPS. But two hard drives in RAID1 (mirrored RAID, which can be done with 2 hard drives) especially the old slow hardware RAID or software RAID, is going to run like crap. You will have IO problems and horrible performance from day 1 even with a mostly empty server. And why would anybody buy from you when there are a hundred other established companies that have the same exact hardware and network you want to use?

Maybe you will get a few customers that are too dumb to research you/your company, or you will have spammers that will sign up if it's cheap enough and then charge back when your dedicated server provider terminates you... but this is no way to build a business.

This whole rent a cheap dedicated server, sell VPS, is not working so well anymore - especially when "real" companies like Linode and DIgitalOcean and Vultr and others are providing something that's almost if not as cheap but its miles better in terms of security, stability, performance, and features.

I guess what I'm trying to say is unless you own the hardware and preferably the network as well, your company WILL fail. Could somebody competent pull it off? Barely. Could somebody incompetent (like you) pull it off? No, you're just going to end up losing time and money.

And while QPS/QuickPacket provides an excellent service they had a bit of a fiasco recently where they showed they are not honest people, so I suggest you look elsewhere, but don't pick one of the same boring congested locations that everybody else is.

Best of luck with your venture,

-shovenose

• lazytlazyt Member

Listen to shovenose he's walked that path.

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • ShivamShivam Member

Hello, @whmsys well the only problem would be the 20 TB hence it would be more expensive otherwise its possible for that range to be acquired with the other requirements, I'll give you both quotes with 20 TB and 1 within your budget.

• whmsyswhmsys Member

@Shivam said:
    Hello, whmsys well the only problem would be the 20 TB hence it would be more expensive otherwise its possible for that range to be acquired with the other requirements, I'll give you both quotes with 20 TB and 1 within your budget.

Bandwidth 10 tb will be fine.

• srvrprosrvrpro Member
    edited July 2014

shovenose said: There are lots of companies that can give you a server, some better than others, some cheaper than others. I simply took the number 60 because that is approximately how many VPS you can have with a /26 if you give 1 IP per VPS. But two hard drives in RAID1 (mirrored RAID, which can be done with 2 hard drives) especially the old slow hardware RAID or software RAID, is going to run like crap. You will have IO problems and horrible performance from day 1 even with a mostly empty server. And why would anybody buy from you when there are a hundred other established companies that have the same exact hardware and network you want to use?

Maybe you will get a few customers that are too dumb to research you/your company, or you will have spammers that will sign up if it's cheap enough and then charge back when your dedicated server provider terminates you... but this is no way to build a business.

This whole rent a cheap dedicated server, sell VPS, is not working so well anymore - especially when "real" companies like Linode and DIgitalOcean and Vultr and others are providing something that's almost if not as cheap but its miles better in terms of security, stability, performance, and features.

I guess what I'm trying to say is unless you own the hardware and preferably the network as well, your company WILL fail. Could somebody competent pull it off? Barely. Could somebody incompetent (like you) pull it off? No, you're just going to end up losing time and money.

And while QPS/QuickPacket provides an excellent service they had a bit of a fiasco recently where they showed they are not honest people, so I suggest you look elsewhere, but don't pick one of the same boring congested locations that everybody else is.

Best of luck with your venture,

-shovenose

Canned for summerhosts.

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • I notice shovie is making more and more sense recently....

Thanked by 1shovenose
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member

What is "adedicated Server" ?

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited July 2014

Here is an offer ,

E3-1230 [3.3 ghz]

32GB RAM

2x1TB HDD or 1x256GB SSD

5TB on 1Gbps

/29 IPv4 would cost $100/mo.

You can upgrade to 10TB bandwidth for an additional $10/mo.

On IP Prices, we can do a nice deal when you purchase in bulk :)