Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems and unprofessional behivior
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems and unprofessional behivior

Yesterday I found a cheapest VPS link from LowEndBox Website. I only like to use this small VPS for PPTP VPN, but After more then 12 hours, I don't get welcome email from their website and In after login to 123systems billing panel, I can see still my VPS is pending.

I already submitted a ticket #123-A0C5Q-IUP, let see when they are going to reply.

Is 123systems is wrost VPS service provider.
  1. Yes, I have very Bad exprianced with them38 votes
    1. No, They are Good
      10.53%
    2. I Never signup for VPS
      89.47%

Comments

• BradBrad Member

How long has it been since you've submitted that ticket?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited July 2014

12 hours?! :O

• If this counts as your worst, you've not been around here much have you? ;)

• I submitted ticket before 4 hours, but In their cart I can see about "Instant Setup!" but they are fake.

• @outance said:
    I submitted ticket before 4 hours, but In their cart I can see about "Instant Setup!" but they are fake.

In their defence, if you used special character root password or a hostname less than 4 char, solus is known to fail when it creates your vps. Or they might have run of out of IP. You will get your VPS anyway. So much drama for a $5/yr VPS ;) Welcome to LET

Thanked by 1Shoaib_A
  • Jade_GJade_G Member

Unfortunate.

• outanceoutance Member
    edited July 2014

Yeh I always used special character for my password to secure my service, and I never had problem with my passwords. I used lots of VPS service like buyvm, bluevm, iniz, directspace.net.......and I never faced any problem with password.

And yes, much drama for a $5/yr VPS. Coz money is money and we can't waste it for nothing.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Wait for a while. Have patience. This is the price you pay for not researching before buying.

• @jcaleb said:
    Wait for a while. Have patience. This is the price you pay for not researching before buying.

Yeh, Now I have to wait.....

@upfreak said:

Thanks for $5 :-D

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited July 2014

What... 123systems offers cPanel for $150

• @GreenHostBox said:
    What... 123systems offers cPanel for $150

must be yearly !!!

• @upfreak said:
    must be yearly !!!

Oh yeah, forgot about that. All of the prices shocked me for a second hehe

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

Not sure if you need advice. But usually, don't immediately sign up when you see good offer. look around a bit, a little extra money is better than having stress.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. All of the prices shocked me for a second hehe

Yeh, Best Price.......for a small VPS :-)

• @outance said:

How abt http://xvmlabs.com/ then?

• @upfreak said:
    How abt http://xvmlabs.com/ then?

Heheeee...... see their TOC!! They do No guarantees of any kind, Limited support via forum (for outages only), Service is experimental – expect some downtime.

• @upfreak said:

Is that true (solusVM failing if you use a hostname with <4 chars)?

• @outance said:

I was talking about the VPS addons such as extra IPv4, cPanel license, etc. Their VPS prices are average.

• outanceoutance Member
    edited July 2014

@GreenHostBox said:
    I was talking about the VPS addons such as extra IPv4, cPanel license, etc. Their VPS prices are average.

I agree, But for testing purpose $5 is nothing. And no-one offers such as 350Gb bandwidth with cheapest $5 VPS.

• @hostnoob said:

a few providers have claimed so. But when i did a quick search i could just find the Jonny boy from the green wall blaming it on WHMCS (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/456843/#Comment_456843). So believe it with a pinch of salt...

• I got Reply from 123systems,

We will set up it right now and send details.

• GreenHostBoxGreenHostBox Member
    edited July 2014

@outance said:
    I got Reply from 123systems,

It'd be great if you can post a benchmark once you get a chance to log into your VPS.

• @GreenHostBox said:
    It'd be great if you can post a benchmark once you get a chance to log into your VPS.

Yeh Sure, But It still showing Pending!!!

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited July 2014

@upfreak said:
    a few providers have claimed so. But when i did a quick search i could just find the Jonny boy from the green wall blaming it on WHMCS (http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/456843/#Comment_456843). So believe it with a pinch of salt...

I ordered one the other day with a 3 letter hostname (even though the site said 4-20 or something). When it finally got set up the next day, it had been changed from xxx to xxx.com

makes sense/

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran
    edited July 2014

my friend's iso request ticket already 1 month, the isos still not added, they have been always keeping delayed with various excuse...

• I was told (from another provider) that the instant VPS creation (with SolusVM) may fail if you don't use a FQDN as hostname. They added a ".com" to mine and created the VPS then.

• rds100rds100 Member

Yes, there was such a bug in SolusVM, it was sensitive to what was written in the hostname field. Some people would put an email address instead of a hostname there, and solusvm would fail in a terrible and stupid way.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@rds100 said:
    Yes, there was such a bug in SolusVM, it was sensitive to what was written in the hostname field. Some people would put an email address instead of a hostname there, and solusvm would fail in a terrible and stupid way.

Also, you have to pud FQDN hostname, otherwise it would fail, in case it's something short.

• J1021J1021 Member

They're rubbish.