Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Impressed by Anthony
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Impressed by Anthony

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited July 2014 in General

Value for a provider isn't always a super-stable server, especially if those servers are sold for peanuts. But how professional are the owners/staff behind a firm. So, even if sometimes a provider faces issues with his (very cheap, in LET/LEB) service, the real value is how he handles them: how he responds to the client, how fast are his tickets replies, if he is transparent and say to client what really has happened with all details of any issue and the try not to face them again. Stuff like that.

In the case of @AnthonySmith (Inception Hosting), he is not only a extremely professional guy, but he runs a rock solid service. Well, at least, almost always. And a very high powered service if I compare it with vps's from some other providers with similar specs.

Tonight, my server with Ant. (Miami 2GB Xen PV) went down: Solus was almost unreachable, server was stated as offline and didn't boot. So, 5 minutes after the issue, I opened a ticket to inform him about it. He replied in 1 (yes, ONE) minute saying that there were a known issue with the DC and one minute later, the service was again online.

I was impressed with the speed of his response. So, I looked back to 2 couple of tickets I opened within the last months, and I realized that most of them, especially those about the server, was answered and resolved in minutes and some requests I had, he fulfill them almost all of them even If he was not obligated to do it.

All providers, even the most expensive, will face issues some time. Google had their downtime. But the thing is, how you handle them and if you respect your clients.

So, kudos Anthony, keep the same level of support of your services.

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

Anthony is a great guy, really.

I had an NL VPS a year or so ago, and it was rock solid. Very snappy and always online.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

Thanks.

Always nice to hear when your doing something right as most people dont take the time to tell you :)

I try to think of myself as too honest but with a sense of humor.. not sure about professional though :)

I should start using pictures like this on the website now then :)

• jvnadrjvnadr Member

@AnthonySmith WRONG! You should use pictures like this

Then, you have to answer tickets as "your staff member" Courtney and, then, you will see your sales exploding!

Thanked by 3netomx rds100 mpkossen
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I love the service that Anthony provides. It's 2 in the morning and he gets the DC crew to screw up a VLAN so I can get to bed.

Thank you for that timely intervention. :)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • LexLex Member

Well, seems that my next VPS will be with @AnthonySmith.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • nexmarknexmark Member
    edited July 2014

@jvnadr said:
    AnthonySmith WRONG! You should use pictures like this

Then, you have to answer tickets as "your staff member" Courtney and, then, you will see your sales exploding!

Ah, So that explains the 1 min reply, Bravo @AnthonySmith

Thanked by 1netomx
  • RaymiiRaymii Member

I can only attest to the OP. @AnthonySmith provides great service, there aren't many one-man providers that do it just as good as he.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@nexmark said:
    Ah, So that explains the 1 min reply, Bravo AnthonySmith

I think that explains the downtime :P

It is clear from the way she holds the laptop and the hands on the keys as well as the way she is looking at it that she is not used to it. Besides, what are you doing with a laptop in the dc, a console would be more appropriate.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Just don't send a ticket if you don't need to. I had a problem with ipv6 on a provider and I didn't know. So, i ask him to check ipv6 and he told me that was not a problem and he charged me 3 euro for that, but well, I accepted that when I ordered XD

• cassacassa Member

@jvnadr said:

Why does she holds a logo?

• ChuckChuck Member

@jvnadr said:

Is she playing Candy Crush Saga while waiting for k-y jelly?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Old guys are usually nice :) peace

@jcaleb said:
    Old guys are usually nice :) peace

Damn that made me feel old.... only 33 :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb

@netomx said:
    Just don't send a ticket if you don't need to. I had a problem with ipv6 on a provider and I didn't know. So, i ask him to check ipv6 and he told me that was not a problem and he charged me 3 euro for that, but well, I accepted that when I ordered XD

It is only for LowEndSpirit that this would ever happen.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Damn that made me feel old.... only 33 :)

Nah, that's not old. It's all rapidly downhill from 35 though...

edited July 2014

@Nekki said:
    Nah, that's not old. It's all rapidly downhill from 35 though...

Cheers Nekki, I will be 34 on Aug 5th so not far off.

Funny how people make such a big deal out of turning 30, I hit 30 and thought nothing of it, then I got to 31 and cried for a week!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

AnthonySmith said: Cheers Nekki, I will be 34 on Aug 5th so not far off.

Enjoy that last year while you can, I wish someone had warned me my life was about to be over.

AnthonySmith said: Funny how people make such a big deal out of turning 30, I hot 30 and thought nothing of it, then I got to 31 and cried for a week!

Weirdly, I freaked out at 23. Not given two shits about birthdays since, even forgot about this years.

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Nekki said: Weirdly, I freaked out at 23. Not given two shits about birthdays since, even forgot about this years.

There are some days in the month when i have to calculate how old am I....

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

drserver said: There are some days in the month when i have to calculate how old am I....

I forget how old am I quite often, but I can remember how old the missus is and the gap between us so I'm constantly working it out from that.

• gracagraca Member

so be prepare for 5 Aug Big Sale guys! :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • @drserver said:
    There are some days in the month when i have to calculate how old am I....

@Nekki said:
    I forget how old am I quite often, but I can remember how old the missus is and the gap between us so I'm constantly working it out from that.

I'm still enjoying my twenties!

• vedranvedran Veteran

jcaleb said: Old guys are usually nice :)

We sure are. Now if you can kindly leave the premises of my lawn I'd really appreciate it.

Thanked by 3netomx jcaleb Mark_R
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@serverian said:

I'm enjoying my 28 ;(

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • jvnadr said: Then, you have to answer tickets as "your staff member" Courtney and, then, you will see your sales exploding!

The same way business "exploded" when Thomas from UGVPS was posing as Crystal?

• jcalebjcaleb Member

graca said: so be prepare for 5 Aug Big Sale guys! :)

Marking the calendar

@jcaleb said:
    Marking the calendar

haha ok, well I am working on something right now which will be released pre birthday but just for you I will also do a Aug 5th promo because not only is it my birthday it is also Neil Armstrong's :_

Thanked by 2netomx jcaleb
  • @Nekki is 72 I believe. I may be off a year or two.

Anyway, I can only confirm these compliments towards @AnthonySmith. Really a great guy and a great provider.

Thanked by 2netomx NodePing
  • alexhalexh Member

said: Tonight, my server with Ant. (Miami 2GB Xen PV) went down: Solus was almost unreachable, server was stated as offline and didn't boot. So, 5 minutes after the issue, I opened a ticket to inform him about it. He replied in 1 (yes, ONE) minute saying that there were a known issue with the DC and one minute later, the service was again online.

So, what you are saying is that it took him 6 minutes to resolve the issue? With roughly 43,200 minutes in a month, that's only 99.989% uptime for the month.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@alexh said:
    So, what you are saying is that it took him 6 minutes to resolve the issue? With roughly 43,200 minutes in a month, that's only 99.989% uptime for the month.

There is a 99,9% uptime guarantuee so still on the "good" side.