Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xshell 5 Open Beta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xshell 5 Open Beta

markmark Member

Xshell 4 has been my Windows SSH client of choice for some time now. It's free for home/school use and has some nice features like tabbed sessions, SFTP (free) add-on and so on. The only downside has been that it doesn't support IPv6.

Xshell 5 is now in beta and it does support IPv6. It also supports tiled sessions and some nice little features like 'send text to all sessions'. Just a shame about the 'Windows 8' theme.

No registration required, worth checking out - netsarang.com/news/ver5_beta_release.html

Comments

• Does it have a key manager? Could the initial windows size be set and remembered?

• markmark Member

Yes to both - the only time I have had a window size change (in Xshell 4) is when reattaching a screen session. When I enter (only in CentOS 6, fine in Debian) it forces 80x24 and then on detaching it remains in 80x24.

• And still no linux version :(

I like the combined workspace for SFTP, SSH(did PACmanager do that too?)

• markmark Member

TheRedFox said: And still no linux version :(

I know. Just because Linux does SSH natively doesn't mean there isn't any interest in a more advanced client like this.

• said: Just a shame about the 'Windows 8' theme.

I personally like the flat theme. Google, Microsoft, Apple, etc. are all switching to it. Gradients are a thing of the past (why devote CPU and battery to create them anyway?). :P

• All, that sucks, it wont ask my ssh-agent for keys. There is still no alternative to putty.

• Looks interesting, especially the "send text to all sessions" option.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Been using SecureCRT for a while, wouldn't give it up on Windows. For Linux, I don't really see a need for it.