Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Root Password?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Root Password?

Hello.

Just bought a Kimsufi and selected a template to be installed via the OVH manager.
Unfortunately, i cant find the password of the root user. It seems to be nowhere!

I can access my server via ssh, but i dont know the root password and there is no change button in the manager!

Please advise.

Comments

• AsadAsad Member

The root password is emailed to you after installation.

• @punkstar69 said:
    Hello.

Just bought a Kimsufi and selected a template to be installed via the OVH manager.
    Unfortunately, i cant find the password of the root user. It seems to be nowhere!

I can access my server via ssh, but i dont know the root password and there is no change button in the manager!

Please advise.

Check your emails.

• elijahpaulelijahpaul Member
    edited July 2014

Your password should have been (auto) emailed to you by the manager once the template install completes.

• Thanks for the response guys. Unfortunatelly, it seems that my OVH emails are blocked. I never received even an order confirmation.

• AsadAsad Member

punkstar69 said: Thanks for the response guys. Unfortunatelly, it seems that my OVH emails are blocked. I never received even an order confirmation.

You can reinstall providing an ssh key, connect using that once installation has completed.

• just a copy/paste for you..

Set your server to Netboot → Recovery

You will receive information via Email when your servers in recovery mode.

SSH in with credentials provided

Find your root partition

fdisk -l

The one with the asterisk (*) will be the correct one. Mount it.

mount /dev/sdaX /mnt

Change root to your new mount point

chroot /mnt

Change password

passwd

Once that is complete, go back to the panel and turn netboot off (set it to ‘hdd’)

Thanked by 2akhfa happyman
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2014

Isn't there a button where all the emails sent to you are stored? I really forgot OVH's panel ...

tridinebandim said: You will receive information via Email

OP did state that he doesnt receive OVH emails :P

• Contacted OVH. They responded within 12 hours, changed my primary email to my gmail and now everything is fine :)

By the way, the error that was responsible for it was:

The error that the other server returned was:
    550-DKIM: encountered the following problem validating ovh.ie:
    550 pubkey_unavailable

I still wonder how a company like OVH hasnt add a dkim record, but anyway :)